Amy Vastine
This topic is about Amy Vastine
Author Interviews > Interview with Amy Vastine Part 2

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heart (new)

Heart warming | 35 comments Mod
Interview with Amy Vastine – Part 2

Today I am welcoming back USA Today best-selling author, Amy Vastine, for part 2 of her interview from last week. Amy has a new Heartwarming release out this month, The Girl He Used to Love, which is pictured above. You can read part 1 of Amy’s interview here http://bit.ly/29NYoCA . Let’s get started….

11. Did you ever receive writing advice that proved invaluable?

Don’t try to please everyone because you can’t. It’s so, so true. There will always be someone who thinks what you wrote is terrible and someone who thinks you’re a genius. I’ve learned that it’s best to write something I’d like to read and be happy with that!

12. Are you the only writer in your family? If so, if a family member(s) wanted to become a writer, what advice would you give them?

I am the only writer that I know of in my family. If someone wanted to be one, I would say go for it. If they have an idea for a book, write it. Who knows what can happen? I never thought I would be sitting here promoting my fifth Harlequin book but here I am!!

13. Do you tend to feature pets in your books? Do you own a pet?

I do tend to have dogs in my books. I did have one cat, but I prefer dogs. I have a dog in real life named Macy. We adopted her from a place that rescued her from a kill shelter. I can’t imagine not having her in our lives. She loves me like no other and truly gives me hugs like a human. She is kind of weird, but I love that about her!

14. Can you comment on a writer or book that’s inspired or influenced you?

I was a huge Harry Potter and Twilight fan and I guess I could say that I was inspired by Stephenie Meyer and J.K. Rowling because both of them started out like me — moms with crazy imaginations. But they were able to turn that into something incredible. If they could do this, why couldn’t I? I don’t know why I don’t write paranormal romance or young adult, but I guess that’s still a possibility!

15. Explain how you felt the first time you saw your name on the cover of your first book.

That’s indescribable! I wish I could put it in words, but I can’t.

16. How important are reader reviews to you? Do you see constructive criticism as a way to hone your skill as a writer? How so?

Reviews are so rewarding. It’s still amazing to me that there are people out there who bother to read words I wrote. I do take what’s said to heart. But like I said earlier, I have learned that you can’t please everyone. Some people are not going to like what I write. If they can be constructive, I am all for learning something so I can do better. But in the end, I feel like reviews aren’t where I can get that kind of feedback. That’s what my editor is for!

17. When you’re not writing what do you like to do?

I love to do stuff with my kids. They are all teenagers or almost teenagers now and I know my time with them is limited. I love watching my boys play football and my daughter dance. We have a boat and I love going out on the lake and just chilling out with friends and family in the summer.

18. What’s one unique thing you’d like people to know about you?

I am so boring! Um … I can name all the states in the US but only in alphabetical order and only by singing them thanks to my elementary school music teacher. LOL!

19. What genres do you like to read besides romance?

I used to love thrillers and crime dramas because I am all about trying to figure out who done it before I get to the end. I like a lot of YA series and anything that makes me cry. Yes, I’ve read a lot of Nicholas Sparks and I love Jodi Picoult.

20. What’s the best thing a reader can do for a writer?

Support the writers you love by writing a review and sharing books you love with your friends! I know that I love getting recommendations from my friends and I am more likely to go out and get a book that someone I know has read and liked. So spread the word!

21. What project are you working on next?

I just finished the final edits on book two of the Grace Note series. Catch a Fallen Star will be out in December. I am currently working on a Christmas novella right now titled Peace, Love, and Baby Joy. It’s going to be part of the second Heartwarming Holiday box set. I am also putting together some proposals for more books in the Grace Note series. So much to do, so little time!

Thank you Amy Vastine for a great interview. It was such a pleasure learning all about your books, how you became a writer, and what things you enjoy. We appreciate the time you took to share your story with us.

**GIVEAWAY** Comment on Amy’s interview to be entered to receive either an autographed paperback or e-book copy (winner’s choice) of her Christmas novella, My Christmas Hero. If you comment on parts 1 and 2 of Amy's interview, you will receive two entries in the drawing. Please leave a valid email address so that you can be contacted should you win. Winner will be chosen on July 30th. Thank you for visiting today.

You can purchase The Girl He used to Love here:

Amazon: http://amzn.to/2a3kGSG

B&N: http://bit.ly/1TXIV5m

Harlequin: http://bit.ly/2ajC8n6

message 2: by Sherry (new)

Sherry Bohrmueller I love to be able to read and review for authors and if it helps tlhem all the better. Very nice interview.

Sherry

Bohrmueller@yahoo.com

message 3: by Linda (new)

Linda Buzard-Moffitt (lindamoffitt02) | 5 comments I always leave a review at least a star rating when I read books now that I know it helps so much. Thanks for the chance to win Looks like a great book. iamabho (at) gmail (.) com

message 4: by Amy (last edited Jul 25, 2016 12:34PM) (new)

Amy Vastine | 21 comments Mod
Sherry wrote: "I love to be able to read and review for authors and if it helps tlhem all the better. Very nice interview.

Sherry

Bohrmueller@yahoo.com"

Thanks for stopping by, Sherry!

message 5: by Amy (new)

Amy Vastine | 21 comments Mod
Linda wrote: "I always leave a review at least a star rating when I read books now that I know it helps so much. Thanks for the chance to win Looks like a great book. iamabho (at) gmail (.) com"

Thanks so much for that, Linda! :)

message 6: by Carol (new)

Carol Ross (goodreadscomcarolross) | 4 comments Mod
Awesome interview! But I have to take issue with #18 - you are far, far, far from boring, my friend. I love the writing advice about not trying to please everyone. So true.

message 7: by Brittney (new)

Brittney Lathan | 2 comments Great interview. Enjoyed learning more about authors.

lathanbrittney@hotmail.com

message 8: by Terri (new)

Terri (tlcmom582) | 5 comments I always leave reviews. Love writers!
tlcmom582@aol.com

message 9: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Craig (jencraig67) | 6 comments Fun interview Amy. It was great to get to know you better. I used to only leave star ratings on the books I read until I started getting to know some authors a little over a year ago and found out how important actual reviews are. Now I always leave a written review.

message 10: by Jimnlori (new)

Jimnlori | 7 comments Great interview! I always try to leave reviews.
Thank you,

jlipayer (at) charter (dot) net