Alternate History discussion

Moskau
This topic is about Moskau
What if Nazi won WWII - eastern version

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Simon Vale | 8 comments Hello!

The most popular AH theme is WWII of course. Still what comes to mind (Man in the High Castle etc) are all western versions of what will happen. Lets talk here about eastern versions of the story. For example there is a translated russian book Moskau. It is not yet released but you can read some chapters here on GR.

What about other books on the theme?

message 2: by David (new)

David King (davourak) | 3 comments My book, Hitler Out Of Time, has an alternate timeline with Nazis winning WW2, set in Europe and USA. It also has Russians in it, as well as a mention of Iran.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

Simon Vale | 8 comments Nice!

message 4: by Simon (last edited Jan 07, 2017 12:37PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Simon Vale | 8 comments The book is released
Moskau by G. Zotov
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IWR5R32

message 5: by Rich (new)

Rich Feldman | 1 comments David, I looked at your book on Amazon. In Amazon, the title of this book says "Volume 2". Is there a Volume 1? Thanks!

message 6: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Rosenberg | 5 comments Isn't there a book out there that theorizes half of the U.S. occupied by Japan and the other half by Germany? Can't remember the name of it. But I guess that's a "ha;f" eastern WWII alternate history!

message 7: by Simon (last edited Feb 13, 2017 02:31AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Simon Vale | 8 comments It's Man in the high Castle
By Philip Dick

I mention it in the top message :) that's the most recognizable AH story in the world I guess. There's nothing eastern about it though. It is american classic.

message 8: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Rosenberg | 5 comments Simon wrote: "It's Man in the high Castle
By Philip Dick

I mention it in the top message :) that's the most recognizable AH story in the world I guess. There's nothing eastern about it though. It is american cl..."

Ah - I should have read more carefully! I need to try that one!

message 9: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Rosenberg | 5 comments Daniel wrote: "Simon wrote: "It's Man in the high Castle
By Philip Dick

I mention it in the top message :) that's the most recognizable AH story in the world I guess. There's nothing eastern about it though. It ..."

Of course, maybe the author makes it clear, but it doesn't seem like a very realistic scenario to me. There's no conceivable way Japan could have taken over part of the U.S. Not enough resources; too far away.

Simon Vale | 8 comments Perhaps not, but as Winnie the Pooh once said: you never know with the bees...

message 11: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Rosenberg | 5 comments Simon wrote: "Perhaps not, but as Winnie the Pooh once said: you never know with the bees..."

Sure. And maybe in this scenario, the Japanese were able to keep the Philippines and other lands won in Asia so they could have enough oil to continue the war effort more successfully. And maybe they destroyed the U.S. fleet at Pearl Harbor. Maybe the aircraft carriers were there that day. Always fun to speculate.

message 12: by Mihai (last edited Jun 02, 2020 10:03AM) (new)

Mihai (aerospaceman) | 1 comments I'm assuming there would have been a mass slaughter of Slavic population, and what was the Soviet Union would have been repopulated with Germanic people. So, it wouldn't make for a great book.