BOOKS, BOOks, Books... discussion

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Colleen (new)

Colleen Myers | 44 comments Mod
Talk about anything related to books but do not self promo, just questions. I will answer or anyone can chime in!

message 2: by Darcy (new)

Darcy Thorn | 1 comments ok, so what inspires you?
What draws you to a story line, person, place or circumstance?

message 3: by Jacquie (new)

Jacquie | 4 comments Darcy wrote: "ok, so what inspires you?
What draws you to a story line, person, place or circumstance?"

I'm inspired by stories that defeat the odds. Whether it's medical, environmental, or psychological, I want to see a positive outcome and a HEA!

message 4: by A.G. (new)

A.G. (httpwwwgoodreadscomagmoye) | 3 comments What intrigues you into writing paranormal books? I got in by writing another book and the thought came to me, so I wrote it but was curious why you chose this genre?

message 5: by Colleen (new)

Darcy wrote: "ok, so what inspires you?

Most of my inspiration comes from life. Since my first series in outer space =P not directly of course but themes and ideas. I love thinking about the possibilities.

message 6: by Colleen (new)

Jacquie wrote: "Darcy wrote: "ok, so what inspires you?

I'm inspired by stories that defeat the odds. Whether it's medical, environmental, or psycho..."

I love this answer. Real life is not always that fun. I love the HEA

message 7: by Colleen (new)

A.G. wrote: "What intrigues you into writing paranormal books? I got in by writing another book and the thought came to me, so I wrote it but was curious why you chose this genre?"

HI AG. I love the possibility of it all. In contemporary romance (which I also write) you have to strict to certain society ideas. I loved making my own world. Making my own laws and nature and everything really.

What do you write?

message 8: by A.G. (new)

A.G. (httpwwwgoodreadscomagmoye) | 3 comments Colleen wrote: "A.G. wrote: "What intrigues you into writing paranormal books? I got in by writing another book and the thought came to me, so I wrote it but was curious why you chose this genre?"

HI AG. I love t..."

I jump all over the place. Mystery, SiFi and currently working on a western, believe it or not . A.G.

message 9: by Colleen (new)

A western! Nice. Sci Fi ix my favorite. and anything romance.

message 10: by A.G. (new)

A.G. (httpwwwgoodreadscomagmoye) | 3 comments Colleen wrote: "A western! Nice. Sci Fi ix my favorite. and anything romance."

I have a time travel/love story. Going back to the western, even though it is fiction, I have to have my facts right for the story to ring true. Most of my stories I just write in my head then put on paper. (computer). How do you write? outline your story then fill in or do you let the story tell itself?

message 11: by Colleen (new)

I personally am an outliner and series outliner. I am not religious about it. I just have an idea of everythign that must happen that chapter and pants the rest. This way I know I will include the entire plot and there should be good pacing.

I do like daydreamer about my story though. I LOVE those dreams where I can see what is going to happen.

I love westerns esp when I was younger, but I would never be able to write that as I think then I might be too hyper about the details, same with historical. Thus why I do fantasy or contemporary lol,