Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Die Welt als Wille und Vorstellung I. Erster Teilband
Serieses! > Adding/complete series

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Patrik | 10 comments Dear Librarians,

There seems to be a problem concering Schopenhauer's Book "The World as Will and Representation I". As the series is correct for the English version of the book, the German version is published in more than two books, namly into four different versions. Thus the two version of the first volume are listed as the same (Although I just started reading the second part of the first book, it is marked as already read). I hope you could understand me thus far.

In conclusion:
9783257204216 The World as Will and Representation I / 1
9783257204223 The World as Will and Representation I / 2

I also add the ISBNs for the second volume to add, in order to save the future hassle.
978-3-257-20423-0 The World as Will and Representation II / 1
978-3-257-20424-7 The World as Will and Representation II / 2

both beloning to the first volume, yet two different books, currently listed as the same. So a new series for this publisher has to be added (?).

I hope you understood my attempt to elaborate the problem, if not please say so :)

Thaank you very much.

message 2: by Arenda (new)

Arenda | 22060 comments Editions that are published in multiple parts should not be combined with editions that are published in one part; but that is what has happened to this German editions. (Probably more editions are incorrectly combined, seems like every edition with 1, I or volume 1 is combined.)
I've separated them, and left a librarian note to prevent recombining.

There was already a series for the 4 part edition, but since these books were incorrectly combined, the wrong books were showing in that series.
I've fixed that series: https://www.goodreads.com/series/1529...

Patrik | 10 comments Thank you very much for the fast correction :)