Grab a Book & Play Booktivity! discussion

What Are You Reading? > ANNOUNCING the Theme for August 2016

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Book Concierge (last edited Jul 30, 2016 04:17AM) (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 2831 comments Mod
Instead of your moderators coming up with three "themes" for the group to vote on ... we invite YOU to nominate a theme for next month. Could be a specific genre, a cover image, a title word, an author initial...

ONE nomination per member
To encourage participation the person who nominated LAST month's winning theme cannot nominate this month. So, Marilyn and Carol, you won't be able to submit a nomination (though you WILL be able to vote).

Deadline: 26 July 16 (or 5 nominations, whichever comes first)

Once the nominations are closed, we'll set up a poll for membership to vote on the theme for next month.

We have a WINNER ...

NOMINATED THEMES
Peach Month - Read a book with fruit on the cover or in the title (Olivermagnus)
Dog Days of Summer - Read a book where a dog is an important part of the plot (Beverly)
Need to Cool Down - Set in a cold environment, or word that signifies "cold" in title - e.g. Ice, Snow, Winter, etc (Sushicat)
Summer Olympics - Read a book about an athlete or a sport (Patty)
Back to School Preparation - Set in a School (Lynn)

message 2: by Olivermagnus (new)

Olivermagnus (lynda214) August is "Peach Month". Read a book with fruit on the cover or in the title.

message 3: by Beverly (new)

Beverly (zippymom) | 170 comments Hot days in August are sometimes called the dog days of summer. Read a book where a dog is an important part of the plot.

message 4: by Sushicat (last edited Jul 24, 2016 07:25AM) (new)

Sushicat | 61 comments August is way too warm for my liking. I'd rather cool down a bit. How about books set in a cold environment or some form of cold in the title.

message 5: by Patty (new)

Patty | 185 comments The summer Olympics is starting in August. How about a book about an athlete or a sport.

message 6: by Lynn (new)

Lynn L | 1 comments Two ideas

Schools are gearing up for the new school year. So a book with a school in the setting of the book.

Also for those of us in the Northern hemisphere, or me, August is the month that my days on the beach are waning. So possibly a book with beaches.

message 7: by Book Concierge (new)

NOMINATIONS ARE CLOSED

Lynn - Only one nomination per person, so I took the first one.
[Poll will be set up shortly)

message 8: by Book Concierge (new)

Okay - I set up the poll (I hope I did it correctly - first time I've done this!)

Deadline for voting is July 29.

message 9: by Marti (new)

Marti (coloreader) Pardon my question, but where is this poll?

message 10: by Terris (new)

Terris Do we just vote for one of the themes listed above?

message 11: by Jaret (new)

Jaret | 210 comments If you look in the top right corner of the page, there is a list of links under the group name (group home, bookshelf, discussions, etc.) One of those links is for the poll. When you click the link, the poll automatically comes up for you to vote.

message 12: by Terris (new)

Terris Thank you!! Didn't see that :)

message 13: by Jaret (new)

Jaret | 210 comments Took me a while to find it the first time, too. :0)

message 14: by Marti (new)

Marti (coloreader) D'uh! I didn't see that either.

message 15: by Book Concierge (new)

We have a WINNER - Peach Month - Read a book with fruit on the cover or in the title

I've already got One Bad Apple on my short list for August, so I'm in really good shape this month!

message 16: by Patty (new)

Patty | 185 comments I have the book Georgia which has peaches on the cover.