Horror Aficionados discussion

Hell House
This topic is about Hell House
Buddy Reads > Buddy Read: Hell House

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Char (last edited Jul 26, 2016 07:12AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Char  | 16707 comments Mod
Believe it or not, I've never read this horror classic! A friend and I were discussing it a few weeks back and are planning to start on Monday. If anyone wants to join, feel free!!

So far it's:
Char
Obsidian Blue
Kimberly
Latasha

Kimberly (kimberly_3238) | 6321 comments Mod
Charlene wrote: "Believe it or not, I've never read this horror classic! A friend and I were discussing it a few weeks back and are planning to start on Monday. If anyone wants to join, feel free!!

So far it's:
C..."

I just saw this--I remember that I loved it when I read it....time for a re-read (as long as I can find it....) ;)

Yay !

Latasha (latasha513) | 11129 comments Mod
I would love to try to fit this in for a reread. i'll let u know for sure if I can. it will be a couple of weeks before I could get to it.

John Brhel | -1 comments Latasha wrote: "I would love to try to fit this in for a reread. i'll let u know for sure if I can. it will be a couple of weeks before I could get to it."

I would totally read this again someday. A horror classic.

I'm on page 53 and so far (view spoiler)

Alissa (alissamerritt) | 140 comments I loved this book! I just read it last year though, so I'm not ready for a re-read yet.

I'm starting this tomorrow or wed. if you don't mind. this will be a reread for me.

message 9: by Char (last edited Jul 26, 2016 07:12AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Latasha wrote: "I'm starting this tomorrow or wed. if you don't mind. this will be a reread for me."

Cool! Welcome! I love your new avatar!

I'm at page 108 or December 22, 1970 at 10:18 pm.

Okay, (view spoiler)

This is fun. :)

Thanks Charlene :)

wow, I didn't realize this before but you notice how Richard Matheson is using a lot of sexy words? I did this time around. but anyways, I'm only doing to do this once so here goes. i like the book and the movie but as separate things. although it's different, i like the casting in the movie a lot. but it sure could've been better. ok, that's that.

Charlene wrote: "I'm at page 108 or December 22, 1970 at 10:18 pm.

Okay, [spoilers removed]

This is fun. :)"

yes that was!

I'm about half way through (view spoiler)

I'm done! whew! I'm not sure this is a book I'd recommend listening to at work. even with ear buds. it's intense and I just wanted to stand there dumbfounded and scared for these poor souls. I loved it this time around just as much as I did the first time. Ray Porter is the narrator and I think he does an outstanding job. looking at some other books he narrates is: 14 by peter clines- awesome! lots of jonathan mayberry books, ah! the Amityville book, They Thrist- awesome book!

wow, there is a part 2? Return To Hell House Return To Hell House by Nancy A. Collins hmm.. I don't know...

Yeah, I don't know about a sequel written by someone else. ??

Overall, I thought Hell House was a blast! I sort of flew through it, because I found it rather difficult to put down.

Kimberly ended up not being able to find her copy and Obsidian ended up having some computer problems, I guess. Anyway, I'm VERY glad that I finally read this one!

Matthew (mpontiff) | 127 comments It's a bit confusing (blame the "return" in the name) but it's actually a prequel to Hell House. The "return" part is about the original team (including 15 year old Fischer) to investigate after Belasco's death.

Now I'm confused and I looked it up. :/

Matthew wrote: "It's a bit confusing (blame the "return" in the name) but it's actually a prequel to Hell House. The "return" part is about the original team (including 15 year old Fischer) to investigate after Be..."

Yeah...I think I'll be avoiding that one.

I think I will too.