New Adult Book Club discussion

Addison Moore
This topic is about Addison Moore
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Author Q+A's > Q&A with Addison Moore *CLOSED*

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by LeAnn (last edited Jul 24, 2016 12:45PM) (new)

LeAnn (leannelizabeth)

Welcome to another NABC Q&A! This next two weeks, we have the lovely, New York Times and USA Today bestselling author, Addison Moore joining us and answering your questions! Addison is the author of such series as the Celestra series, 3:AM Kisses series (with newest release, Forbidden Kisses), the Someone to Love series, the Beautiful Oblivion series, and many others! Leave your questions for her below!

message 2: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Ortiz | 733 comments Who are your favorite authors?

message 3: by Addison (new)

Addison Moore | 23 comments Nicole wrote: "Who are your favorite authors?"

Hi Nicole! Oh I love this question! It’s almost impossible to answer because I love to read a ton, read widely, and I like a lot. Some of my favs are Liane Moriarty (LOVED the Husband’s Secret, and Big Little Lies. Just bought her new book and it was a signed copy! I squealed like a 13-year-old!) I really enjoy anything by Gillian Flynn. A faithful oldie is Sylvia Plath’s The Bell Jar. Amazing work. I also enjoy Nora Roberts, Kristen Ashley, Diana Gabaldon, and Tarryn Fisher!

message 4: by Nook Books and (new)

Nook Books and More Blog (nookbooksandmoreblog) | 1 comments Do you have specific playlist you listen to with writing each series? Hey Addy! Lol. Julia

message 5: by Addison (new)

Addison Moore | 23 comments Nook Books and wrote: "Do you have specific playlist you listen to with writing each series? Hey Addy! Lol. Julia"

Hello Julia!*waves* Yes! I so need muse-ic to help along the writing process! In fact, on more than one occasion a song will inspire an entire book. Or in the least I'll have at least one song that I listen to a million times while writing the book. With the entire Melt with You (A Totally '80s Romance) series, I created in depth playlists that you can listen to for free on Spotify. Melt with You http://hyperurl.co/2r6s6p Tainted Love http://hyperurl.co/x2km4u and Hold Me Now http://hyperurl.co/gic8i5

I have a few playlists there in Spotify for Celestra and a few Kisses playlists as well. While I was writing Burning Through Gravity I must have listed to Chandelier by Sia a thousand times. It's funny because music really does have the power to shape an entire novel!

message 6: by Sara (new)

Sara Hey Addison,

I just wanted to ask if there was a chance we will get to see any of your series as a movie or TV series. I know a few years ago there was something about Celestra but I didn't know if that was still happening or if it was on the back burner. Would love to see Skyla and the gang on screen! Or Baya and Bryson. <3

Thanks for the Q&A!

message 7: by Addison (new)

Addison Moore | 23 comments Sara wrote: "Hey Addison,

I just wanted to ask if there was a chance we will get to see any of your series as a movie or TV series. I know a few years ago there was something about Celestra but I didn't know i..."

Hi Sara! Yes, the Celestra Series was optioned for film by 20th Century Fox! The option has since expired, but the good news is that the series is still being shopped. I'm hopeful for all good things! And I totally agree that Baya and Bryson would also be amazing on screen together! How fun would that be?!

message 8: by Andriana (new)

Andriana | 10 comments How do you write? Do you come up with a story and then do an in-depth outline? Or do you start writing and see where it goes? Do you write full time?

message 9: by Brittany (last edited Jul 31, 2016 11:38PM) (new)

Brittany (blkel14) | 78 comments What were your favorite books as a kid? Was there a book that inspired you to become a writer? What book are you currently reading or is your most recent favorite?

message 10: by Sara (new)

Sara Hello again lol

I just finished Country Kisses (loved it btw) and as I was reading I kept thinking what characters were next after Rex & Scarlett. Is Sammy going to find her Unicorn? Daisy and Ava to?

So the real question is how long do you think that you will go with this series?

Thanks again!

message 11: by Addison (new)

Addison Moore | 23 comments Andriana wrote: "How do you write? Do you come up with a story and then do an in-depth outline? Or do you start writing and see where it goes? Do you write full time?"

Hi Andriana!

Yes, I write full time! I feel so blessed to do so! Years ago, while I still worked on a psych unit, I would wait until my kids went to bed then write a few hours every night. Once the unit closed, and I was laid off, I started to write full time. My method is pretty much the same from book to book. I have to have a clear vision of the beginning, middle, and the end—then I do a bare bones outline to fill in the rest. I like to be surprised along the way, so I tend to let my characters off the leash a bit. I rely heavily on music to keep me inspired and find most of my ideas come when I’m working out or doing the dishes. Such is life, right? ;)

message 12: by Addison (new)

Addison Moore | 23 comments Brittany wrote: "What were your favorite books as a kid? Was there a book that inspired you to become a writer? What book are you currently reading or is your most recent favorite?"

Hi Brittany!

Oh I love this! I have always been such a voracious reader. My love affair with books began early but soon enough I was a library addict. I read everything in that YA section before moving on to horror and romance. I read widely and devoured everything, sometimes twice. I have fond memories of reading A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle, all of Judy Blume’s books, I loved Sylvia Plath’s The Bell Jar, too. I gobbled up all of the Windswept, Sweet Dreams collections in the 80s. The last book I read was The Red Queen. I loved it!!!!

message 13: by Addison (new)

Addison Moore | 23 comments Sara wrote: "Hello again lol

I just finished Country Kisses (loved it btw) and as I was reading I kept thinking what characters were next after Rex & Scarlett. Is Sammy going to find her Unicorn? Daisy and Ava..."

Hi Sara!

I’m so happy that you had fun with Country Kisses! Yes, there are many books to come in the 3:AM Kisses series (I hope that’s good news!?) Forbidden Kisses (3:AM Kisses 9) was just released, and that is Rex and Scarlett’s story. Dirty Kisses (3:AM Kisses 10) is coming up next and that’s Jet and Daisy’s story. Stolen Kisses (3:AM Kisses 11) is right after and that is a very angsty story between Ava and Grant. Ava is Owen’s little sister (from Wild Kisses) and Grant is Stephanie’s brother (Stephanie is the girl who was killed in 3:AM Kisses, Bryson’s old girlfriend.) Then Lucky Kisses (3:AM Kisses 12) Lucky and Lawson’s story. That’s Jet’s sister and Scarlett’s brother. That’s a hot and funny one, too! I have a few more mapped out but the titles are still in the air. Hope you enjoy the ride! I have the best time writing those!

message 14: by Sara (new)

Sara In a perfect world they would go on forever so yes many books to come is a very good thing!

Currently reading Forbidden Kisses and like all the others I am hooked already. I can tell there is going to be lots of laughing with this one. Thanks for giving me insight into the new ones coming they should hold me off until Skyla comes back. <3

Any ideas on when we can go back to Paragon??

message 15: by Addison (new)

Addison Moore | 23 comments Sara wrote: "In a perfect world they would go on forever so yes many books to come is a very good thing!

Currently reading Forbidden Kisses and like all the others I am hooked already. I can tell there is goi..."

Hi Sara!

Oh I’m so glad you’re having a good time with Scarlett and Rex! As for Paragon I’m there now—lots of drama up ahead! I was hoping to have Crown of Ashes up before the New Year but I’m thinking it might be just after. The books is long, and my editor and betas break for Christmas. But the island is quaking and Skyla is outside of her skin with everything that’s going on around her. I love taking extra time while I’m on Paragon and I think that’s why the books always end up being so long. I never want to leave. Those characters interrupt my dreams and my waking hours to the point where I’m almost always with them. Some of them are naughtier than others—especially a certain Sector. ;) Thanks for reading Celestra!

message 16: by Sara (new)

Sara Well not to sound like a creepy super fan but, I have never been a reader. Celestra is one of the first series I picked up a few years ago. Since then I have had a book if not multiple books in my hands. So I am completely okay with Celestra taking longer and being longer, it just means more time there.

So thanks for everything that you do & thanks for taking the time out of your schedule to do things like this and connect with people like me!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.
unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Forbidden Kisses (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Addison Moore (other topics)