The Challenge Factory discussion

Heat Rises (Nikki Heat, #3)
This topic is about Heat Rises
2016 ♦Archives Buddy Read ♦ > Heather BOOKLVR24/7, Pallavi and Trea - Nikki Heat Series

Comments Showing 1-50 of 54 (54 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by ⚜️XAR, Operations Manager (last edited Aug 21, 2016 09:16AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

⚜️XAR the Bookwyrm (duskrider3740) | 4390 comments Mod
Heather BOOKLVR24/7, Pallavi and Trea - Nikki Heat Series by Richard Castle

✔1. Heat Wave
✔2. Naked Heat
3. Heat Rises
4. Frozen Heat
5. Deadly Heat
6. Raging Heat
7. Driving Heat
8. High Heat

message 2: by ⚜️XAR, Operations Manager (last edited Jul 23, 2016 07:10AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Reading Schedule, created by Heather:

August:
- Heat Wave: Aug 1-13
- Naked Heat: Aug 14-22
- Heat Rises: Aug 23-31

September:
- Frozen Heat: Sept 1-15
- Deadly Heat: Sept 16-30

October:
- Raging Heat: Oct 1-15
- Driving Heat: Oct 16-31

November: Depending on when Trea gets the book, of course, she can just let Heather know when she gets the book and is ready to start the final book this month.
- High Heat: Nov 19-30.

message 3: by ⚜️XAR, Operations Manager (new) - rated it 3 stars

I love this schedule, Heather! I can't wait to read these!

Heather LiteratureChick (literaturechick) This looks great! I am also excited to get to read these books.

message 5: by ⚜️XAR, Operations Manager (new) - rated it 3 stars

I put a shout out in the discussion thread, asking if anyone else would like to join us for this.

Heather LiteratureChick (literaturechick) I saw that. It would be great to get some other members in too.

message 7: by ⚜️XAR, Operations Manager (new) - rated it 3 stars

Welcome, Pallavi!

Heather LiteratureChick (literaturechick) Welcome, Pallavi.

message 9: by Pallavi (new)

Pallavi | 86 comments Thank you guys! :)

message 10: by Pallavi (new)

Pallavi | 86 comments Looking forward to read the entire series!

message 11: by ⚜️XAR, Operations Manager (new) - rated it 3 stars

Pallavi wrote: "Looking forward to read the entire series!"

I hope the schedule we've got up works for you! It took us several messages to get it all ironed out!

message 12: by Pallavi (new)

Pallavi | 86 comments it's perfect!

message 13: by Pallavi (new)

Pallavi | 86 comments Is there a way to save this page? I have to constantly check the folder for any new messages. And my notifications are so many that it becomes difficult to keep track of one particular thread.

message 14: by ⚜️XAR, Operations Manager (new) - rated it 3 stars

Pallavi wrote: "Is there a way to save this page? I have to constantly check the folder for any new messages. And my notifications are so many that it becomes difficult to keep track of one particular thread."

The only way to do it is to bookmark the page in your browser. Goodreads can't do it. You could also make it your browser's start page...

message 15: by Pallavi (new)

Pallavi | 86 comments I bookmarked it already! Only option is to check it from time to time..Thanks though...

Heather LiteratureChick (literaturechick) Liza wants to join us.

message 17: by Liza (new)

Liza (proseccoprincess) Hi girls. Hope it's ok for me to join

message 19: by Pallavi (new)

Pallavi | 86 comments Welcome Liza :)

message 20: by ⚜️XAR, Operations Manager (new) - rated it 3 stars

I made it through chapter 4 last night. Had to keep thinking about who was who on the show! Interesting start though!

message 21: by Liza (new)

Liza (proseccoprincess) I will have a look at this book later.
Didn't know there was a show

message 22: by ⚜️XAR, Operations Manager (last edited Aug 02, 2016 03:35AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Liza wrote: "I will have a look at this book later.
Didn't know there was a show"

Yeah, these books spun out of the the TV Show Castle, that just finished up an 8 season run this year. Ran on ABC Monday nights at 10pm Eastern, and starred Nathan Fillion (Captain Mal from Firefly, among other things) and Stana Katic (I knew her from The Librarian: Curse of the Judas Chalice movie that ran on TNT several years ago.). Nathan Fillion played the author of this book, Richard Castle. Each of these stories seems to stem from a case shown in the season, if I remember correctly.

Heather LiteratureChick (literaturechick) You can read the books b4 seeing the tv show. It doesn't take away from it if you haven't seen the show yet.

Heather LiteratureChick (literaturechick) Starting Heat Wave right now :).

message 25: by Liza (new)

Liza (proseccoprincess) I never knew that. That will be interesting. Iv seen ads for the tv show but never watched it. The books might give me the idea to watch it

message 26: by ⚜️XAR, Operations Manager (new) - rated it 3 stars

I've been reading 4 chapters a day and have finished the book today. Wasn't bad, but I won't have time to get a review up tonight. In the morning though! I kept trying to figure out what episode from season one this was based off of though!

message 27: by Liza (new)

Liza (proseccoprincess) I read two chapters yesterday. Not really gotten into it yet. Will work through more this evening

message 28: by ⚜️XAR, Operations Manager (new) - rated it 3 stars

I remembered which episode it was, right before I fell asleep...

Heather LiteratureChick (literaturechick) I am in chapter 2 as well. I saw an older episode of the show on tv last night, I won't go into too many details because I know some of you haven't seen the show.

Heather LiteratureChick (literaturechick) Trea wrote: "I remembered which episode it was, right before I fell asleep..."

I hope that I will remember the episode as I am reading the book as well.

Heather LiteratureChick (literaturechick) On page 167. I know Trea finished, but where is everybody else at? Part on bottom of page 153/top of page 154 stands out to me. I will probably be done tonight.

message 32: by Heather LiteratureChick (last edited Aug 08, 2016 04:17AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Heather LiteratureChick (literaturechick) Nikki Heat Books I have completed for Buddy Read:

Heat Wave (Nikki Heat, #1) by Richard Castle - FROM 2/8/2016 - 7/8/2016.

Next to start Naked Heat (Nikki Heat, #2) by Richard Castle on Aug 14th.

Heather LiteratureChick (literaturechick) Has everyone read book 1 Heat Wave? I want to mention a quote.

message 34: by ⚜️XAR, Operations Manager (new) - rated it 3 stars

Heather BOOKLVR24/7 wrote: "Has everyone read book 1 Heat Wave? I want to mention a quote."

I have.

Heather LiteratureChick (literaturechick) Here is the quote from page 153/154 of Heat Wave....... (view spoiler)

Heather LiteratureChick (literaturechick) I feel like they took little bits from different episodes and incorporated them into this book. (view spoiler)

message 37: by ⚜️XAR, Operations Manager (new) - rated it 3 stars

Heather BOOKLVR24/7 wrote: "I feel like they took little bits from different episodes and incorporated them into this book. ..."

I agree! That same exact thought struck me as I finished the book!

I'll be starting it in a bit, reading 5-6 chapters a day again. However, I think you and I are the only ones reading the books...

Heather LiteratureChick (literaturechick) That's ok if it's just us 2. Sometimes other people can't get into a certain book. I am going to ask if anyone wants to do a buddy read of the Crossfire series by Sylvia Day starting in September .

Heather LiteratureChick (literaturechick) So I guess we don't need to use spoiler tags once you and I are done each book.

message 40: by ⚜️XAR, Operations Manager (new) - rated it 3 stars

Heather BOOKLVR24/7 wrote: "That's ok if it's just us 2. Sometimes other people can't get into a certain book. I am going to ask if anyone wants to do a buddy read of the Crossfire series by Sylvia Day starting in September ."

Heather BOOKLVR24/7 wrote: "So I guess we don't need to use spoiler tags once you and I are done each book."

Yeah, it looks that way...Liza was reading the first couple of chapters of the first book, but I don't think she finished it. Pallavi never checked in at all. I say we just type our posts as is and only use spoilers if we're talking about something as we read it.

message 41: by Liza (new)

Liza (proseccoprincess) Sorry girls. I just couldn't get into it. :(

message 42: by ⚜️XAR, Operations Manager (new) - rated it 3 stars

Liza wrote: "Sorry girls. I just couldn't get into it. :("

Not a problem, Liza, it happens!

message 43: by ⚜️XAR, Operations Manager (new) - rated it 3 stars

They're doing the "take pieces of different episodes of the season" thing again! I'm at the start of Chapter 6, heading through the end of Chapter 8 today...and I like how they're weaving it all together this time.

message 44: by Pallavi (new)

Pallavi | 86 comments I finished the book. I kinda liked it. I started with the book 2

Heather LiteratureChick (literaturechick) Pallavi wrote: "I finished the book. I kinda liked it. I started with the book 2"

Glad you are still with us Pallavi :). I think you will find that you will enjoy the books more now that you have got a start made. You should check out the tv show Castle :).

message 46: by Pallavi (new)

Pallavi | 86 comments Heather BOOKLVR24/7 wrote: "Pallavi wrote: "I finished the book. I kinda liked it. I started with the book 2"

Glad you are still with us Pallavi :). I think you will find that you will enjoy the books more now that you have ..."

Definitely! :)

message 47: by ⚜️XAR, Operations Manager (last edited Aug 21, 2016 09:29AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

I finished this one back on the 18th, and I rather liked it. I especially liked how the article impacted things with the detectives at the 20th for Rook. I found it kinda fun to puzzle out what episode was being referred to at different points in the book.

I have stepped into playing SSS as a backup player, so it may take me a bit to get to this one, as I'm going for a J.D. Robb to fit.

message 48: by Heather LiteratureChick (last edited Aug 21, 2016 06:21PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Heather LiteratureChick (literaturechick) I will be finished tomorrow night. I remember the scene...... (view spoiler)

message 49: by ⚜️XAR, Operations Manager (new) - rated it 3 stars

Heather BOOKLVR24/7 wrote: "I will be finished tomorrow night. I remember the scene...... [spoilers removed]"

Yeah, pastry chef at a resturant...

message 50: by ⚜️XAR, Operations Manager (new) - rated it 3 stars

Pallavi, I don't know where you are in the series, but it looks like Heather BOOKLVR24/7 has abandoned the Finish What You Started and left the group outright. Since there hasn't been much chatter about the books overall, I'm going to ask that the thread be archived and we're free to read these whenever and however we each wish.

« previous 1