What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Sweet Liar (Montgomery/Taggert, #18)
This topic is about Sweet Liar
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Comtemporary Romance: Heroine buys every book in bookstore. [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anie_chan (new)

Anie_chan | 77 comments Not sure when I read the book but most probably after 2010. I don't remember much about the hero and heroine or even the plot. However, the impression is the hero is very rich and the book buying scene is very memorable.

The heroine wants to buy books at bookstore. Hero gave heroine a credit card and a time limit. Heroine wanted to get even because hero was being high and mighty with her. Heroine went in bookstore and announced that she was in some sort of contest or charity drive and she needed one book for every title in the bookstore. Everyone in the store helped her and she paid with hero's credit card with time to spare.

This part is fuzzy. I think there's a scene right after where they tried to put all the books in hero's chauffeured car and hero had to hold some of the books on his lap the entire journey home.

message 2: by Sue (new)

Sue Elleker | 842 comments Oooh, I know this one! It's Sweet Liar by Jude Deveraux. I love the bit where she's about to pay, and asks what discount they'll give her.
"It was her father's dying wish that Samantha Elliot search for her grandmother, who'd disappeared from Louisville when she was a baby. So here she was, in big, dirty New York City...her parents were dead, her divorce was final, and she was all alone....
Michael Taggert was Samantha's landlord, and he was easily the most beautiful man she'd ever seen. He was charming, too -- his zest for life was so contagious that in his presence Sam bloomed like a flower after the rain. Yet Mike could only get so far with her -- when he tried to get closer, it was like running into a brick wall.
But Mike wouldn't give up. As they probed her grandmother's past, he was slowly uncovering the joy and affection Samantha had buried long ago -- and leading them closer to the dangerous truth about a bloody spring night in 1928, and a seductive blues singer named Maxie...."

message 3: by David (new)

David Brown (r2drivenimpala) | 70 comments Goodreads page for the book Sweet Liar

message 4: by Anie_chan (last edited Jul 24, 2016 07:13AM) (new)

Anie_chan | 77 comments Didn't expect it to be that book, to be honest. But I did read the series so I'll be hunting the book next week and confirm it.

message 5: by Juels (new)

Juels | 2534 comments Definitely Sweet Liar.

message 6: by Anie_chan (new)

Anie_chan | 77 comments Yup, checked it out from the library. That's the book. Many thanks all! Now I'm off to put cucumber slices on my puffy eyes.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Sweet Liar (other topics)