Play Book Tag discussion

Just One Damned Thing After Another (The Chronicles of St Mary's, #1)
Archive: Other Books > Just One Damned Thing After Another - 5 stars/best of 2016 read

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Megalion | 484 comments One of my new favorite series.

An organization with time traveling machines that's dedicated to observing key historical moments in real time to find out exactly what happened.

Cool!

Now add to it that the folks who would be involved in this kind of thing are likely to be "interesting". They're downright kooky and there's a lot of screwball hijinks.

I highly recommend the book and the series. I'd recommend reading in order. The first three that I've read so far definitely benefited from being read sequentially.

This is a solid piece of speculative historical science fiction. With a big dollop of hilarity.

Highly recommended.

Thank you to the publisher for a free copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.

message 2: by Barbara M (new) - added it

Barbara M (barbara-m) | 2283 comments Ohhh, I think I'm adding this to my TBR!

message 3: by Booknblues (new) - added it

Booknblues | 6655 comments I added it to mine as well.

Megalion | 484 comments You won't be sorry. It doesn't really feel like science fiction if it's a genre that doesn't appeal. It's only because of time travel that qualifies it.

Historical fiction and speculative along the lines of Michael Crichton.

annapi | 5129 comments Ooh, sounds interesting!

Megalion | 484 comments Lol, started and now halfway through book 4.

message 7: by Diane (new)

Diane Zwang | 485 comments I think the title of this book is funny. I am glad you like the series and I will have to check it.

message 8: by JoLene (new) - added it

JoLene (trvl2mtns) | 1532 comments Thanks for pointing this out. I lov time travel!!

message 9: by Susie (new)

Susie | 4488 comments Sounds great!