Read (or Reread) Harry Potter discussion

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1)
11 views
Fun & Games > Pre-read Discussion Question

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

LENA TRAK | 202 comments Mod
The world of Harry Potter is full of charms and spells about almost everything from extraordinary powers such as flying to simple daily activities such as making dishes wash themselves.
What would be the first spell you would want to learn and/or if you could have a single magical power, what would it be and why?


message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Transfiguration would be cool


LENA TRAK | 202 comments Mod
Alex Farrand wrote: "Transfiguration would be cool"

Nice! What animal/object would you turn into?


message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

UNICORN! lol


Brianna (bebecburt) | 550 comments Mod
I think I would want to learn a spell on how to speed-read. I feel like that would be so helpful in learning new spells and information and maybe then I would be able to make a dent in my TBR! lol


message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

That is a good one.


LENA TRAK | 202 comments Mod
Brianna wrote: "I think I would want to learn a spell on how to speed-read. I feel like that would be so helpful in learning new spells and information and maybe then I would be able to make a dent in my TBR! lol"

Cool! I've never thought of that!


LENA TRAK | 202 comments Mod
After careful consideration (as if I would actually get to perform spells) I have decided that I would like to learn a spell that would allow me to read minds. I hate liars and I hate it when I talk with someone and I can't figure out what they could be thinking so such a spell would be extremely useful.

My first thought was an invisibility spell. When I was a little kid I used to cover myself with a "magical" bed sheet my big sister had given me and I used to move around the house and everyone would pretend I was invisible... I was totally convinced they couldn't see me. LMAO


message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

LENA wrote: "After careful consideration (as if I would actually get to perform spells) I have decided that I would like to learn a spell that would allow me to read minds. I hate liars and I hate it when I tal..."

That is the best story ever Lena. lol


message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Something to move furniture would be great right now or something that just leaves my house sparkly clean.


message 11: by LENA (new) - rated it 5 stars

LENA TRAK | 202 comments Mod
Alex Farrand wrote: "Something to move furniture would be great right now or something that just leaves my house sparkly clean."

Oh man...How many times have I wished I knew this spell..


message 12: by Ria (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ria (ban1chka) | 118 comments Oh, I would love a spell that literally pulls you into a book. So that you can actually see the things that you're reading, maybe even interact with the characters and change the story. Time would stop while you're inside the novel and every time you start reading from the beginning, you could start anew - choose whether to just stand by and watch as the events unfold, or change them as you like. If you die, you just go back to the real world.


message 13: by LENA (new) - rated it 5 stars

LENA TRAK | 202 comments Mod
Ria wrote: "Oh, I would love a spell that literally pulls you into a book. So that you can actually see the things that you're reading, maybe even interact with the characters and change the story. Time would ..."

Now this would be amazing...


back to top