Non-Duality; Non-Symbolic discussion

Open Discussion

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by David (new)

David III (davidjringiii) | 7 comments Mod
Hello, everyone. Feel free to discuss anything related to non-duality here. Ideas, questions, whatever!

message 2: by David (new)

I have read/watched/practiced a lot of Gary Weber's work and found that his direct method of self-inquiry resonates a lot with me.

One of the biggest changes in my life has been the absence of -- or the short life span of -- the me that used to get so upset. Rage that would last for hours.

I am so grateful to have surrendered that part of me and left it behind. Once in a while some upsetting thought/ego will manifest and serve as an excellent reminder of what I took to be me some years ago.

message 3: by William (new)

William Burcher | 3 comments David wrote: "I have read/watched/practiced a lot of Gary Weber's work and found that his direct method of self-inquiry resonates a lot with me.

One of the biggest changes in my life has been the absence of --..."

Hey David,

Congrats. To have recognized and then relinquished such a powerful negative pattern is a huge triumph. I'm not familiar with Gary Weber's method(s). What does he say?

message 4: by David (new)

Thanks, William.

I definitely recommend checking out some of Gary's work. You can find his stuff for free on the web.

https://www.youtube.com/user/gudakesha7
http://happinessbeyondthought.blogspo...

Gary talks about the science behind non-duality and techniques one can use to get there. Surrendering. Letting go of thoughts.

This can be done with a combined practice of dropping thoughts, inquiring after the source of thoughts, or putting distance between our thoughts and our self via Byron Katie's The Work and the Sedona Method.

I have expanded upon this in some of my own work. For example, Unclog Your Happiness.

message 5: by William (new)

William Burcher | 3 comments Excellent. I've read Byron Katie before. This, to me, seems like a natural, effective path—recognizing the falsehood of the "self"—the reality that the "person" reading this now and saying these words in "my" head is not the real me. And then once realized, letting those thoughts (born of the "self") drift away, apart from the reality of the real "me," residing, watching in the present moment. These are of course my words and not Katie's, but thanks…Great suggestions.

message 6: by David (new)

Yes, I have seen Byron's techniques work very well. Even for someone who isn't into spirituality, self-inquiry, etc, when they can juxtapose and feel the difference between holding on to a thought and not, they are able to take the leap of faith and let go of the painful belief that they are holding onto. No need to understand the mechanics behind it, though it can be a fascinating pursuit.

message 7: by Christopher (new)

Christopher France | 3 comments I was introduced to Gary Weber on a website that tried to link students with spiritual teachers in their area. I wish I remembered the name of the website now, but I am sorry, I don't.

I like his work, having read some and watched some videos. Somehow though I did not connect with him deeply and moved onto Mooji. However, I may be back. That happened for me with Adya. Something just didn't click with me, but I tried and tried. Finally I gave up and now, a few years later, I find I can connect with him.

message 8: by David (new)

That is great to hear, Christopher. If I were to listen to many of my favorite teachers a decade ago I would likely write them off as crazy. It has been an amazing and seemingly unlikely journey that has led me down this path -- and yet, as Gary reminds me, it had to be.