2022 Reading Challenge discussion

The Book Thief
This topic is about The Book Thief
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
ARCHIVE 2016 > The Book Thief: Prologue and Part 1-2

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Winter, Group Reads (new)

Winter (winter9) | 4678 comments This is the discussion thread for The Book Thief Prologue and Part 1-2

Taylor C | 454 comments I've had a rough start getting to this book. I completed the prologue a few days ago though. Very interesting structure, and slightly chaotic. Which is definitely my type of book. :)

Fabian {Councillor} (councillor) | 26 comments Taylor R wrote: "I've had a rough start getting to this book. I completed the prologue a few days ago though. Very interesting structure, and slightly chaotic. Which is definitely my type of book. :)"

I agree. I started the book independent from this group read (which I only discovered after I started it), and the structure as well as the narrative are really interesting and original so far. Not sure about Liesl as a main character yet, but the atmosphere is described brilliantly by Markus Zusak.

Reija | 307 comments When the film released some time ago I read reviews and thought this is kind of weird idea and didn't bother to check it at all. And now I'm currently reading this and my friends reviewed this four and five stars and I don't know what to think. High hopes but so far not too interesting.

Taylor C | 454 comments Reija wrote: "When the film released some time ago I read reviews and thought this is kind of weird idea and didn't bother to check it at all. And now I'm currently reading this and my friends reviewed this four..."

I struggled too. The content was interesting though so I kept going.

Reija | 307 comments Yeah, I still wanna know where is this all fuss about.

Haley (haleymadd) | 19 comments I watched the movie about 2 years ago and had the book since forever, but this convinced me to give it a go. The prologue was longish for me, but as I got more into the book and understood everything that was happening it caught my attention. I just wish the beginning had more of an exciting approach.

Taylor C | 454 comments Haley wrote: "I watched the movie about 2 years ago and had the book since forever, but this convinced me to give it a go. The prologue was longish for me, but as I got more into the book and understood everythi..."

I can agree with that. It just left me feeling... blah and sad. Which I know it's not suppose to be the happiest of books. I dunno, I'm still having trouble wrapping my brain around this book.

message 9: by Winter, Group Reads (new)

Winter (winter9) | 4678 comments So this didn't go well to say the least.. I started and got wrapped up in the series I read completely leaving The Book Thief sadly unread on my kindle. I guess this time wasn't the time either :/ I wonder what it is that makes me start this book a thousand times without ever finishing it..

Taylor C | 454 comments Winter wrote: "So this didn't go well to say the least.. I started and got wrapped up in the series I read completely leaving The Book Thief sadly unread on my kindle. I guess this time wasn't the time either :/ ..."

I just, I don't know what happened. I feel bad that there wasn't a whole lot of discussion. I noticed a trend throught the discussions I was involved in and it just wasn't there for everyone. We win some and we lose some I guess. I do want to thank everyone for letting me be involved as much as I could.

message 11: by Winter, Group Reads (new)

Winter (winter9) | 4678 comments Don't feel bad at all Taylor! Sometimes there are a lot of discussion and sometimes not. It depends a little on how many read the book and how much there is to discuss :)

Taylor C | 454 comments Very true. My fiance and I were talking about it last night, and it was also the last full month of Summer. So maybe several people had activities going on, going back to school, etc. :)

message 13: by Winter, Group Reads (new)

Winter (winter9) | 4678 comments Definitely! I feel like I have not have opportunity to engage in deeper books or spend much time on goodreads. I'm ready for fall and winter now.

Taylor C | 454 comments Winter wrote: "Definitely! I feel like I have not have opportunity to engage in deeper books or spend much time on goodreads. I'm ready for fall and winter now."

Agreed! I'm ready for "curl up with a good book" type of weather :)

message 15: by Winter, Group Reads (new)

Winter (winter9) | 4678 comments Yep!

message 16: by Winter, Group Reads (new)

Winter (winter9) | 4678 comments Now it's been only Naminé (my cat) wants to go sit on a stone together and watch life while mummy read an easy book while grinding in a mobile rpg lol.

Taylor C | 454 comments Winter wrote: "Now it's been only Naminé (my cat) wants to go sit on a stone together and watch life while mummy read an easy book while grinding in a mobile rpg lol."

You're preaching to the choir. Everytime I sit down my cat Bam Bam just hops right up. He's like my little magnet lol.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.