World, Writing, Wealth discussion

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mehreen (new)

Mehreen Ahmed (mehreen2) | 1907 comments How often does a writer get dragged into isolation and finds her/himself speaking in monologue?

message 2: by Alex (new)

Alex (asato) every day.

sometimes at work, but i just try to keep it down to a mumble. the cubicle walls are tall enough to muffle it.

in the car, always.

sometimes when i'm walking from my office to my bedroom. i think my daughter hears me, but she's in her own world many times--but then again, she surprises me with what she actually hears.

message 3: by Mehreen (new)

Mehreen Ahmed (mehreen2) | 1907 comments It reads like a dream.

message 4: by Nik (new)

Nik Krasno | 15780 comments Isolation sounds sad. Internet might have some drawbacks, but there is always someone to turn a monologue into a dia

message 5: by Mehreen (new)

Mehreen Ahmed (mehreen2) | 1907 comments If they'll understand.

message 6: by Annie (new)

Annie Arcane (anniearcane) I try to speak in monologue but the other voices keep interrupting.

*glib smirk*

message 7: by Mehreen (new)

Mehreen Ahmed (mehreen2) | 1907 comments Voices of the mind?

message 8: by Annie (new)

Annie Arcane (anniearcane) Yes, but... shhh ...I'm not supposed to tell anybody...

*runs away*

message 9: by Mehreen (new)

Mehreen Ahmed (mehreen2) | 1907 comments Haha, those pesky voices hard to turn off.

message 10: by J.J. (new)

J.J. Mainor | 2281 comments Ha! Sounds like me all the time. I have a monologue going on in my head constantly and it gets difficult to tone down sometimes.

message 11: by Mehreen (new)

Mehreen Ahmed (mehreen2) | 1907 comments I can understand that j.j

message 12: by M.L. (new)

M.L. An antidote might be to be in writer's workshop. It can be really interesting. I've seen writers announce that their work will be a bestseller - or storm out.

If you are a fiction writer, you know, you make things up all day. :-) so for me it goes into the story.