Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Xenotech First Contact Day (Xenotech Support, #0.5)
This topic is about Xenotech First Contact Day
Adding New Books & Editions > Please add new book to my Author's Page

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dave (new) - added it

Dave Schroeder | 13 comments Hi folks! Could you please help me add my new book, Xenotech First Contact Day: A Story of the Galactic Free Trade Association (Xenotech Support Book 0) to my author's page? Thanks so much. I'm not including all the details because it IS in your database already. Thanks so much -- Dave Schroeder

message 2: by Dobby (new)

Dobby (dobby0390) | 4616 comments Done; combined with Xenotech The Man Who Sold the Earth: A Story of the Galactic Free Trade Association, the title under which it was originally released.

I also added the book to the Xenotech Support Book series, though I would like for another librarian to take a look at the numbering sequence, please.

I need some help figuring out how you're wanting the series to be numbered. I see #1 and #2, and I added #4, but I didn't see a #3.

message 3: by Dave (new) - added it

Dave Schroeder | 13 comments Ah, it's complicated. Xenotech Rising is #1, Xenotech Queen's Gambit #2, Xenotech What Happens is #3, and Xenotech First Contact Day, a prequel, is effectively #0. Xenotech The Man Who Sold the Earth is no longer offered and has been reissued with new bonus material, as Xenotech First Contact Day. Sorry for any confusion.

message 4: by Dobby (new)

Dobby (dobby0390) | 4616 comments Thanks, Dave. Changed the series order on "What Happens" from #4 to #3.

message 5: by Dave (new) - added it

Dave Schroeder | 13 comments Hi Dobby... Since readers can't buy Xenotech the Man Who Sold the Earth any more and they can buy Xenotech First Contact Day, would it be possible to use Xenotech First Contact Day as the title on Goodreads, not the original title? The original was released with the first few chapters of my (then in progress) second novel. The First Contact Day title includes the first three chapters of my first novel to give new readers an introduction to my universe. I don't want people to look for the title and not be able to find it on Amazon. Thanks so much!

message 6: by Arenda (new)

Arenda | 22021 comments As the author, you have the ability to change which edition of the book is the default, which will come up in searches by title and show on your author profile.
How to set the default edition.

message 7: by Dobby (new)

Dobby (dobby0390) | 4616 comments Goodreads policy is to keep all published titles on the site, as users want to shelve the edition they have.

Xenotech First Contact Day: A Story of the Galactic Free Trade Association is on Goodreads, combined under the original title Xenotech The Man Who Sold the Earth: A Story of the Galactic Free Trade Association.

As the author, you can change which edition of the book is the default—that is, the one that comes up in searches by title and shows on your author profile. Here's how to do that: How to set the default edition.

message 8: by Dave (last edited Jul 20, 2016 06:11AM) (new) - added it

Dave Schroeder | 13 comments Thanks so much! That worked. Much obliged!