2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Blood Work (Terry McCaleb, #1; Harry Bosch Universe, #8)
This topic is about Blood Work
Blood Work > Question I

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7660 comments Mod
Terry had a habit of holding back information from the sheriff's detective, Jaye Winston, until he could validate it. Do you think that hurt him when Noone decided to implicate him?

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 1391 comments Terry did hold all his findings and suspicions very close to the vest. If I were Jaye, I would have been very frustrated with him.

Yes, Noone seemed to come out of the blue (behind the scenes;) when he was disqualified by the "hypnosis," I did not figure out why he would keep playing his sick game. It must have been his ego that wanted to outsmart the FBI and local law enforcement,

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7660 comments Mod
There were a few instances where Terry withheld info from Winston until he could gather more data to verify his suppositions. I think it hurt him because Jaye could have better defended him.

Noone was determined and hellbent on hurt McCaleb because of the Code Maker case. It blinded him to everything else.

Robin (robinmy) | 1214 comments It may have hurt him a little bit. But it also would have hurt him if he gave Winston some information that hadn't been verified and it turned out to be wrong.

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Keeping it close to the vest made it easier for Noone to frame him. That said, the negative attitudes of the LAPD and FBI sort of forced him into the situation.

I can understand the LAPD's reluctance to allow McCaleb in, but not the FBI. He was one of them after all and very good at his job.