Outlandish Texans Page-Turners discussion

The Scottish Prisoner (07/16) > Reading Schedule

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Celeste (new)

Celeste | 26 comments Good morning, ladies! I have posted the questions that will finish Section 1 and all of Section 2.
Shanna and I have decided that since Sections 4 and 5 are fairly short, we will be combining them. It's only about 133 pages together.

That means that we only have 2 weeks left in this book. We need to start thinking about how we are going to select the next book and what that selection will be, so that everyone has a chance to get the book. Whhacha think???

message 2: by Staci (new)

Staci (myfictionalescape) | 22 comments I'm up for reading anything except non fiction. Anything out there that people have wanted to read? Have you found discussion questions for s particular book somewhere that has piqued your interest? Any book club favorite pick lists you've seen?

message 3: by Shanna (new)

Shanna | 40 comments I'm up for anything but horror or warewolves, vampires & witches

message 4: by Shanna (new)

Shanna | 40 comments Hello ladies,

I will be leading the discussion for Section 3 of SP .... if you haven't already please begin Sect 3 by Thurs/21st I will post ?'s no later than 26th so that Celeste can start Sect 4/5 by 28th

message 5: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Wilbourn (impalagirl22) | 25 comments Mod
Round Robin is great. that way each person gets to pick a book they would like to read. What I like best about bookclubs is getting outside your reading "box." I never read much non fiction before. Years ago, I read 50 books with a coworkers and we exchanged books quite a bit with one another during that year. she reads a lot of non fiction, and there were several I liked! Read several biographies but one non fiction that stuck out wad The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks. oh my! so good! and I would have never read it! That's why I'm always open to reading anything because I never want to box myself in anymore. I used to put YA down too. now, YA is some of the best stuff out there. You will be surprised at what you might like if you give it a chance ;)

If someone wants to volunteer for the next one, they can pick the next book, too. So pick a book and lead the questions maybe?

Let me know if y'all want me to post the August book Challenge too as this selection could match up with it as well!

message 6: by Celeste (new)

Celeste | 26 comments Oh, yeah! Please post the August book challenge to see of we can work them together.

message 7: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Wilbourn (impalagirl22) | 25 comments Mod
Alrighty! I will post it sometime today on Facebook :)

message 8: by Shanna (new)

Shanna | 40 comments Ladies,

Please continue to read however due to the fact that I have company from out of town this week, I am going to go ahead and post the questions for Section 3 they can be answered up until the 27th,

Thanks