Outlandish Texans Page-Turners discussion

The Scottish Prisoner (07/16) > Chapter 7: Why didn't the soldiers nor Lord Dunsany tell Jamie where he was being taken? Do you think it was fear, maliciousness, or something else?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Celeste (new)

Celeste | 26 comments Discuss...

message 2: by Shanna (new)

Shanna | 40 comments I don't think the soldiers knew who they were taken him to just which house... those soldiers may not have been some Hal knew personally. Lord Dunsany I sure knew where we was going but for fear of recriminations from Jamie at the mention of Hal or John he just left it was he was going to London.... since we don't know whether Dunsany has knowledge of Jamie's history with both the men.

message 3: by Mellissa (new)

Mellissa Hoskin | 30 comments I did not seem like Lord Dunsay had much of chance to chat with Jamie. I don't really think he had the option to say anything even if he wanted to.

I am not sure how much the soldiers knew about why and where they were taking Jamie but they sure enjoyed freaking him out. When they passed the Tower Jamie definitely sent out fear hormones as he described that they noticed his B.O. I can't imagine going through what Jamie's has gone through and to think it all might end at the Tower.

Jamie is a man of honor and I thought it was pretty malicious to not allow him a time and place to clean up. They just dumped him on Hal's front door dirty shoes and all! That really bothered Jamie not being able to present himself in the proper manner.

message 4: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Franzen | 6 comments Jamie is a physically powerful man. Keeping his knowledge to a minimum is one way of controlling him.