Beta Reader Group discussion

Critique Partners and Swaps > Beta swap for slice-of-life short story

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by J.B. (new)

J.B. Reynolds (jbreynolds) | 3 comments I'm new to GoodReads so still feeling my way around. I'm looking for 2 or 3 beta readers for a 6000 word short story. I would call it a character driven, humorous, slice-of-life short story. It's about an unpleasant young man and his neighbours.

I'm not looking for anything in particular - just what elements people think work well, and what elements might need some tweaking.

I'm happy to do a beta read in return, as long as it's a short story - my available reading time is in short supply.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi J.B., I could swap with you if you want. Mine is 12k which puts it past short story length but shorter than a novella. It's a mix of two stories, one fantasy and one real life. Message me if interested.

message 3: by J.B. (new)

J.B. Reynolds (jbreynolds) | 3 comments Hi Margaret,

I'm keen to try a swap. Your story sounds interesting. My email is jody@jbreynolds.net if you want to email me a copy. What sort of feedback are you looking for?

Cheers,
Jody

message 4: by Michael (new)

Michael Grantham (michaelgrantham) | 12 comments Hi J.B.,

I would love to swap my 5K word short story - if your're interested you can email me your story at zrocool@gmx.com and I'll reply with my story.

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Thanks,
Michael