Read (or Reread) Harry Potter discussion

The Order of the Phoenix > Order of the Phoenix 09: The Woes of Mrs Weasly (discuss only this chapter and anything prior)

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brianna (new)

Brianna (bebecburt) | 550 comments Mod
no spoilers please

message 2: by Ria (new)

Ria (ban1chka) | 118 comments Woah, this was dark.

The thoughts that Harry is having about him being better than Ron - I think this is what Dumbledore was trying to avoid when he left him with the Dursley's. It would've been much worse perhaps if he'd been raised in a magical world. Although maybe it was the shock from suddenly being famous and well loved that is causing this? I really can't say. But Harry finally gets to feel forgotten and as if he's in the shadow of Ron and Hermione who get to have all the fun... which is basically how Ron has been feeling for the past four books, I imagine.

Can you imagine though, if Harry had been left in the wizarding world? He has no living relatives there and Sirius used to be in prison, so I guess that means he would've been in an orphanage. Remember who else was in an orphanage? That's right - Tom Riddle. This would've been so much more interesting, don't you think? I wonder how his life would've gone like that. I've always wanted a book about Tom Riddle and his road to becoming Lord Voldemort (I mean, pre-Harry Lord Voldemort).... and by always I mean I just thought of this lol

Hermione's reaction to Ron being prefect was a bit weird, don't you think? (view spoiler)

message 3: by Brianna (new)

Brianna (bebecburt) | 550 comments Mod
I wonder why Fudge and Malfoy were all buddy-buddy.

I wonder how Ron ended up as Prefect and Harry didn't. They both kind of do things they shouldn't. lol But it is nice that Ron finally gets a bit of attention without it being related to Harry. Harry kind of bugs when he gets all jealous about it. He has so many things be about him, he should let someone else have a moment without really grumbling about it.

That was so heart wrenching with Mrs. Weasley. :(