Read (or Reread) Harry Potter discussion

The Order of the Phoenix > Order of the Phoenix 08: The Hearing (discuss only this chapter and anything prior)

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brianna (new)

Brianna (bebecburt) | 550 comments Mod
no spoilers please

message 2: by Ria (last edited Mar 07, 2017 01:04PM) (new)

Ria (ban1chka) | 118 comments Ugh. Dolores Umbridge. Ugh.
I wonder why Dumbledore didn't even look at Harry. Hm...
What do you think about how the statue changed? Well, I mean, it didn't really change, but the way Harry saw it changed. Obviously this means something, but I'm really not sure how to interpret it. And the fact that he threw all his money in the founrain despite how silly the wizard looked? Or did he throw it in because of it? Why don't we study this at school?! I would much rather interpret this than read about that man-slut with the silly moustache from Bel-Ami...

PS. I had to edit this twice because I kept remembering stuff I wanted to say lol
PS2. I hate George Duroy. Though I keep mixing George Duroy and Eugène de Rastignac from Père Goriot. They are pretty similar, though, so I guess it makes sense.

message 3: by Amanda (new)

Amanda R (fairyteapot) Dolores Umbridge - scarey lady. All a bit strange what you said about Dumbledore. He's not a hologram or some magic equivalent? Missed the bit about the statue.

message 4: by Ria (new)

Ria (ban1chka) | 118 comments Nah, I'm pretty sure it was him. But that makes his behavious even weirder. I hope we get some explanation later about why he's acting like this. He didn't even try to contact Harry while he was at the Order's Headquarters.

message 5: by Brianna (new)

Brianna (bebecburt) | 550 comments Mod
"We have no record of any witch or wizard living in Little Whinging other than Harry Potter," said Madam Bones at once. " That situation has always been closely monitored, given... given past events." ← Is she referring to what happened when Harry's parents were killed or something else? (like when Sirius Black escaped)

Dumbledore is a BOSS! lol Although I do wonder why he seems to avoiding Harry.