Kerry Hammerton
This topic is about Kerry Hammerton
Adding New Books & Editions > Please add The Weather Report

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kerry (new)

Kerry (kerry_hammerton) | 27 comments * Title: The Weather Report
* Author(s) name(s): Kerry Hammerton
* ISBN (or ASIN): ISBN: 978-0-620-58992-5 (paperback) ISBN: 978-0-620-58993-5 (ebook)
* Publisher: Kerry Hammerton
* Publication date: January 2014
* Format: paperback and ebook
* Description: “Funny, fresh, playful, absurd, yearning, elegiac, dark and wicked: Kerry Hammerton’s second poetry collection sings deeply human songs of love and heartbreak.” – Finuala Dowling
* Page count: 64
* Link to cover on a NON-BOOKSELLER site: http://www.kerryhammerton.com/?page_i... here is the link to the ebook on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Weather-Report...

message 2: by Dobby (last edited Jul 18, 2016 06:22AM) (new)

Dobby (dobby0390) | 4625 comments Added:

• Kindle ASIN B00K24G8FK: The Weather Report
• paperback ISBN 9780620589925: The Weather Report
• ebook ISBN 9780620589935: The Weather Report

We cannot use reviews in book descriptions, so I used a truncated version from the Amazon listing. If you'd like something different, please let us know and we can change it.

message 3: by Kerry (new)

Kerry (kerry_hammerton) | 27 comments Thank you for this - a speedy response. The words from Finuala Dowling are not a review but are on the back cover of the book - so I thought that would be okay. I have updated the description myself with an edited version of her words plus a poem. Let me know if this isn't okay and I will change it.

message 4: by Dobby (new)

Dobby (dobby0390) | 4625 comments Here is an excerpt from the Librarian Manual regarding descriptions:
The description field is for entering a summary of the work. ... The description can be a couple of sentences or paragraphs describing the content of the book. It should be a generic summary and should NOT include reviews or personal feelings (i.e. "This is a book about sisters. It was good. You should read it").
You can see the full Help topic here: Description Help.

The sentence you added with the review comments in quotes does need to be removed.

message 5: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 44985 comments Mod
We do consider that a review, and it's not allowed in the book description here, regardless of whether it appeared on the back of the book.

Edited.