the marked ( advanced roleplay ) discussion

Moderators > discussion

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ash (new)

ash Hey Tara! Thanks for wanting to help me out with the group! I was wondering if you could help me come up with a plot?

message 2: by tara (new)

tara wolfprism (tarawolfprism) | 12 comments Mod
Oh sure! Just saw this! Leave the plotting to me ;)

message 3: by ash (new)

ash So all I have so far is four wolf packs, each pack as a mark on them to indicate they are in the pack (there is some meaning behind the mark that i haven't got to yet ) there are werewolf hunters as well. I feel like there needs to be more to intrigue people. Any ideas?

message 4: by tara (new)

The four symbols, do you want them to be elements? Or would you like something about opposites like sun, moon, sky, and stars?

Perhaps every year there is a season where the new wolves can be found for their pack. Like there's a competition to recruit more into their pack since it's a power play. The more wolves, the more powerful. New werewolves that are born have no markings so it's not like they are designated. So they have to go into town and find them. It's against the Treaty - the only document that allows peace between the four rivals - to make werewolves. Made werewolves usually have abilities (not sure if you want to get this paranormal) or they can not have as much control. There is a sort of complex process to make a werewolf - it's not a bite and go - so if someone is Made, it was on purpose.

For the recruiting we probably should have a town then. Perhaps were the hunters are. Wolves awaken when they reach 18 or sometime around then.

message 5: by ash (new)

ash
I like the idea of the sun, moon sky and stars for the symbols to represent the packs. Maybe there could be many secrets about the marks and the more experienced the werewolf the more it knows about the mark?

And I like that idea. It just doesn't follow the werewolf lore, If you want to go ahead and look at that for better understanding? Maybe we can add something like when they are eighteen they are able to reach their full potential of transformation? Maybe younger wolves aren't able to fully transform because their body is still maturing? So instead they their faces morph into a human/wolf state and have claws fangs, and all the the abilities a werewolves has. When they reach the age of eighteen their body goes into comatose almost at the brink of death but their bodies are just evolving into the wolf?

I like the idea of the wolves have a treaty so they get along within the town. Maybe the treaty can be more elaborate then just turning people into wolves?

message 6: by tara (new)

Sure with the first two ideas.

message 7: by tara (new)

I'm elaborating on the treaty now :)

message 8: by ash (new)

ash Yayayayay okay! :) Thanks!

message 9: by tara (new)

Instead of stars and sky, can we do day and night? So moon and night packs usually tend to help each other out and day and sun packs the same?

So the treaty will essentially be covering these topics:

It is not allowed to create werewolves, especially through recruiting season.

Basic rules for intermarriage of the pack (which is rare): The lesser partner will go to the older partner's pack, adapting their mark. Lesser partners are simply those who have less experience being a werewolf and thus fewer ties.
(Intermarriage doesn't happen often because of the negative reception those lesser partners get)

Grounds on which the territory is - the town is split into four.

No harming humans so meaning any uncontrollable wolves have to go out and be responsible.

message 10: by ash (new)

ash Yeah we can do the night and day, That sounds good.

And I like that :)

so we need to come up with an idea that the sun/day and night/moon wolves don't like each other? they could have different point of fews on something? And maybe the sun/day wolves and so on and so on have ties to each other?

message 11: by ash (new)

ash You there?

message 12: by tara (new)

I saw the message. I'm not exactly stable at the second emotionally so I'll get back to you later tonight.

message 13: by ash (last edited Jul 18, 2016 05:40PM) (new)

ash Oh okay I hope everything is okay :( and take your time okay?

message 14: by tara (new)

Definitely they should have different points on things. Perhaps night and moon packs want to be more wild and expose themselves secretly to the humans.

Perhaps the origins of the four packs is that there were two sets of brothers or siblings in general. And they each married another wolf in which they started their own pack, given symbols appeared maybe?

message 15: by ash (new)

ash Yeah that sounds good :) I put some more information up. Let me know what you think :)

message 16: by ash (new)

ash Checklist;
Come up with a plot for the group
Figure out pack names

Almost done with all the information :)

message 17: by tara (new)

LATIN
solis - sun
luna - moon
noctis - night
lux - day (had to choose light since day wasn't as short)

message 18: by ash (new)

ash Okay looks good! Should we come up with the pack description or should we have the people who claim the alpha do that? So it makes them feel like it's more of their pack you know?

message 19: by tara (new)

I think that would be a good idea. We just need the night and moon pack to be a little more, wild, so to speak.

message 20: by tara (new)

Ash, I literally got no notifications up for this group! I'm so sorry! What's been going on?

message 21: by ash (new)

ash No that's okay don't worry about it! And not much has been going it is kinda been not that active

message 22: by kaya (new)

kaya (ananats) | 13 comments Mod
So with locations, we've got a park, diner, and a bar & grill. Here's a few more ideas off the top of my head:
- skateboard rink
- library
- uni/high school with convenient carpark for drama to happen in (probably make a separate folder for the uni/school because it'd take multiple threads)
- sports field (soccer? baseball? lacrosse? idk what sports americans play i'm going for the stereotypical ones)
- forest
- mall (again, separate folder because people might want to make their characters own shops there)
- supermarket

message 23: by kaya (new)

kaya (ananats) | 13 comments Mod
Also, is it just you accepting characters, or should I help with that too?

message 24: by ash (last edited Sep 16, 2016 07:48AM) (new)

ash
So I have sections I want to do as in folders for the locations such as:

DOWNTOWN
- dinner
- bar & grill
- pack
- suppermarket
- gas station
- shopping outlet
- maybe an inn
( any more ideas can be added later )

UPTOWN
- college
- high school ( sport fields )
- theater
- fancy rich people places
- medical center
- bookstore

OUTSKIRTS
- river
- forest
- pub
- autoshop
- play ground
- cafe

And I'll do the character accepting for now, It will help me keep track of who I have added to the approved character list :) thank though!