Read (or Reread) Harry Potter discussion

The Goblet of Fire > Goblet of Fire 33: The Death Eaters (discuss only this chapter and anything prior)

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brianna (new)

Brianna (bebecburt) | 550 comments Mod
no spoilers please

message 2: by Brianna (new)

You know, I kind of find it amusing that Voldemort calls out the Death Eaters for their lapse of loyalty.

Malfoy's dad IS a Death Eater! They called it! Ooh... and his friend's parents!

Why are most (like 98%) of the Death Eater's we've met so far guys? I think there's only been one female so far. (who tortured Neville's parents)

Why would Bertha have a memory charm on her BEFORE running into Voldemort?

Who is this faithful Death Eater at Hogwarts?

message 3: by Ria (last edited Feb 25, 2017 01:40PM) (new)

Ria (ban1chka) | 118 comments Brianna wrote: "Why are most (like 98%) of the Death Eater's we've met so far guys? I think there's only been one female so far. (who tortured Neville's parents)"
Yesss! Bellatrix Lestrange! I know she's an evil Death Eater and all (well, technically all Death Eaters are evil...) and I hate what she did to Neville's parents (and some other things she will do later), but I also kind of like her. Probably because Helena Bonham Carter was casted as her in the movie and she used to be my favourite actress lol

message 4: by Brianna (new)

I think part of why I like her is also because of her portrayal in the movie. I tend to enjoy Helena Bonham Carter's roles.

message 5: by Ria (new)

Ria (ban1chka) | 118 comments yeah, she is casted as some really weird characters lol

message 6: by Brianna (new)

I think the most "normal" role I've seen her in is Fight Club (so still not completely normal lol)

message 7: by Ria (new)

Ria (ban1chka) | 118 comments haha yeah, that movie was weird too. I bought the book recently, but haven't read it yet. Hope the movie won't have spoiled it too much.

message 8: by LENA (last edited Jul 17, 2017 06:08PM) (new)

LENA TRAK | 202 comments Mod
Voldemort you are a peculiar dude... Your Death Eaters have come and your way of thanking them is giving them the cruciatus curse...

The Dementors are their natural allies???? And how come do they work for the ministry right now? Why did they not help all the prisoners escape Azkaban and help Voldemort rise sooner?

Great chapter btw. I love the way Rowling answers burning questions through the Dark Lord's perspective.

message 9: by Ria (last edited Jul 18, 2017 06:45AM) (new)

Ria (ban1chka) | 118 comments I don't know if the dementors are conscious. I don't think they particularly like/care about the Death Eaters, they just go where there's misery and Voldemort makes lots of that. When he lost power, going to Azkaban was the easiest solution for the dementors. At least that's how I explain it to myself.