The Green Jell-O Book Club: A Goodreads Group about Fiction Written by LDS Authors discussion

Great Minds Want to Know . . . > Do you have a favorite spot to read?

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Charissa (new)

Charissa (charissastastny) | 169 comments I have a favored spot on the couch where I can look out the window occasionally to rest my eyes. But I can read absolutely anywhere. When I'm camping, I'll read late into the night inside my sleeping bag so I don't wake up those who are sleeping.

message 2: by Sara (new)

Sara | 4 comments I also like my couch. I always prop up my feet and have a Diet Coke within reach.

message 3: by Charissa (new)

Charissa (charissastastny) | 169 comments Sara wrote: "I also like my couch. I always prop up my feet and have a Diet Coke within reach."

Food and drink goes nicely with books

message 4: by Sara (new)

Sara | 4 comments For sure! Sometimes I like to listen to classical music while reading. Beethoven and Mozart also go great with books!

message 5: by Alisa (new)

Alisa | 24 comments I have a cute little book nook with a cozy chair, but I always end up reading on my couch - usually with lots of action going on around me! I can read anywhere, too!

message 6: by Jennie (new)

Jennie | 151 comments I read anywhere and almost everywhere. My favorite places are my recliner, patio lounge chair, rocking chair, porch swing, at the kitchen table (if I'm eating alone), or wherever I happen to be.

message 7: by Charissa (new)

Charissa (charissastastny) | 169 comments Alisa wrote: "I have a cute little book nook with a cozy chair, but I always end up reading on my couch - usually with lots of action going on around me! I can read anywhere, too!"

Good thing we can tune out the action around us when we get into a story. OTherwise, I'd probably only get through 2 books a year.

message 8: by Charissa (new)

Charissa (charissastastny) | 169 comments Jennie wrote: "I read anywhere and almost everywhere. My favorite places are my recliner, patio lounge chair, rocking chair, porch swing, at the kitchen table (if I'm eating alone), or wherever I happen to be."

Oooo, I'm jealous of the porch swing. That sounds heavenly.

message 9: by A.L. (new)

A.L. Sowards | 2481 comments My favorite spot is sprawled out on a couch. Which couch depends on time of day, season, and location of the kiddos. But I'll read just about anywhere.

message 10: by Charissa (new)

Charissa (charissastastny) | 169 comments A.L. wrote: "My favorite spot is sprawled out on a couch. Which couch depends on time of day, season, and location of the kiddos. But I'll read just about anywhere."

Good point. At certain times of the day, MY couch can get drenched in blinding sunbeams. Then I read elsewhere.

message 11: by T.K. (new)

T.K. Arispe (tkarispe) | 108 comments My ideal reading spot would be somewhere comfy and secluded with lots of light! I don't have anything like that where I am currently living, but it is definitely a must-have for a dream house!

Silver  - Have a great day, you're loved | 27 comments I can also read almost anywhere (my friends and family make fun of how I tune out with or without a book) but I prefer a couch that I can lay down sideways on, curled up in a blanket, with the room otherwise silent or very close and just-brighter-than-moderate lighting. I've thought about this quite a bit :D

message 13: by Audrey (new)

Audrey (niceyackerman) | 41 comments My bed because the light is good. I would like a proper comfy chair, though.

message 14: by T.K. (new)

T.K. Arispe (tkarispe) | 108 comments Sounds lovely, Silver! There's nothing wrong with being very particular about your ideal reading spot. :)

Audrey, I hope you get a super comfy chair someday!

message 15: by Audrey (new)

Audrey (niceyackerman) | 41 comments :)