Read (or Reread) Harry Potter discussion

The Goblet of Fire > Goblet of Fire 21: The House-Elf Liberation Front (discuss only this chapter and anything prior)

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brianna (new)

Brianna (bebecburt) | 550 comments Mod
no spoilers please

message 2: by Brianna (new)

Freaking Rita Skeeter!

The way Hermione is acting with Winky and how she doesn't want to get paid, makes me curious why did she bring the guys down to the kitchens to begin with?

"Percy wouldn't recognize a joke if it danced naked in front of him wearing Dobby's tea cozy."

message 3: by Ria (new)

Ria (ban1chka) | 118 comments Of all the things in every book-to-movie adaptation I've ever watched, the thing which annoys me the most is that Hermione's struggle for the rights of the house-elves was NOT IN THE FREAKING MOVIE! I feel this was so important in terms of character development. I'm very disappointed they didn't even mention it.

message 4: by Brianna (new)

I so agree with this. It would have been nice to see that storyline included. I understand why they didn't since it probably would have made it too long, but there could have been at least a little bit of it.

message 5: by Ria (new)

Ria (ban1chka) | 118 comments Yes, exactly. There wasn't much action either, so it would've probably bored some of the viewers, but they could've at least mentioned it.

message 6: by Brianna (new)

Ria wrote: "Yes, exactly. There wasn't much action either, so it would've probably bored some of the viewers, but they could've at least mentioned it."

The whole thing with the first task in the movie was way more drawn out and completely different than the book. They could've shortened that a little bit to make time.

message 7: by Ria (new)

Ria (ban1chka) | 118 comments Oh, I honestly don't remember it with that much detail.

message 8: by Brianna (new)

Ria wrote: "Oh, I honestly don't remember it with that much detail."

After I finish each book I've been rewatching the movies. lol In the movie (view spoiler)

message 9: by Ria (new)

Ria (ban1chka) | 118 comments Brianna wrote: "After I finish each book I've been rewatching the movies. lol In the movie [spoilers removed]"
oh, yeah, you're right! I do remember now.

message 10: by LENA (new)

LENA TRAK | 202 comments Mod
They couldn't have included the S.P.E.W girls. Most viewers expect some action. This wouldn't interest the viewers as Ria said. I think they did well skipping it. Plus it was a really nice surprise for me reading about something that I hadn't watched in the films.

message 11: by LENA (new)

LENA TRAK | 202 comments Mod
Trelawney is so creepy!!!!

Bagman=Bad man (Hmmm interesting)