Read (or Reread) Harry Potter discussion

The Goblet of Fire > Goblet of Fire 09: The Dark Mark (discuss only this chapter and anything prior)

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brianna (new)

Brianna (bebecburt) | 550 comments Mod
no spoilers please

message 2: by Brianna (new)

I feel like this is when the series gets more serious (with the Death Eaters & the Muggles).

I can only imagine how naked Harry must feel without his wand. It's probably similar to us without our phones.

"Said an incantation, did they? You seem very well informed about how that Mark is summoned, missy." ← That seems like such a silly thing for Mr. Crouch to say.

"Three days ago - it felt like much longer, but it had only been three days - he had awoken with his scar burning. And tonight, for the first time in thirteen years, Lord Voldemort's mark had appeared in the sky. What did these things mean?"

message 3: by LENA (new)

LENA TRAK | 202 comments Mod
Brianna wrote: "I feel like this is when the series gets more serious (with the Death Eaters & the Muggles).

I can only imagine how naked Harry must feel without his wand. It's probably similar to us without our ..."

Yes, I agree Brianna! This is the point where the story gets darker and creepier. I love the final 4 books! I love how Harry leaves innocence behind and becomes gradually aware of the evil around him...

"High above them floating in mid-air, four struggling figures were being contorted in grotesque shapes"

spine-chilling moment!

message 4: by LENA (new)

"You- know-who and his followers sent the Dark Mark into the air whenever they killed...Just picture coming home and finding the dark mark hovering over your house and knowing what you are about to find inside... Harry that's their idea of fun"

Yeap... darker and darker...

message 5: by LENA (new)

"This means clothes"
Poor Winky I feel so sorry for her. Begging her Mr. Crouch to keep her with him...

message 6: by Brianna (new)

This was definitely the darkest chapter to date. It really set the scene for what things could be like if Voldemort is successful.