Language & Grammar discussion

Language in Literature > Let There Always Be

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 16002 comments Mod
Danny Earl Simmons has posted my poem, Let There Always Be, as poem #16 in the Poems I Admire section of his Poetry Blog. Dan’s no mean poet himself, and I’m very pleased that he’s chosen some of my work.

While you’re there, take a look at some of Dan’s poems. They’re good.

http://dannyearlsimmons.blogspot.com/...

message 2: by Ken (new)

Ken | 18480 comments Mod
Love those pigeons stitched on the telephone wire...

message 3: by Gabi (new)

Gabi Fuller (CountryMouseMe) | 474 comments She made me see it all..... again.
Nice to see you, Ken.

message 4: by Ken (new)

Ken | 18480 comments Mod
And you, long-time-no-see Gabi (it rhymes, though I seldom do)...

message 5: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 16002 comments Mod
Hi Gabi, where ya been?

message 6: by Gabi (new)

Gabi Fuller (CountryMouseMe) | 474 comments Hi Ruth, Ken.
So pleased with both your poems; in spite of my disappearing acts, I keep tabs on you two.

Where have I been? Huddling in my dressing gown! Festooned with cats.
It has been f.....g freezing here. I believe all the coastal lows have now decided to head south east and smother N.Z. with snow. I hope to get ahead of the weather with thick coats before next winter. Has anyone heard of our girl over there recently?

I used to like winter - the days were relatively warmish, sort of.... I would garden to my hearts content and there would be no Summer You-no-see-me bugs to plant semi-permanent scars all over me(I think they call them midges - the itch is nearly enough to make me cry!) . Now we have constant westerly winds which will blow all my spring seeds - if I plant them - into the golf course next door to the village. If no wind - then 6C temps.

Look up Lichen Planus. I only got it on my calves, but after that goes away your skin resents any cuts and grazes and normally if a scab was looking ready to come off - it isn't! If I insist on dragging it off, ( I hate having scabs anywhere) it will take off all three layers of the skin and will bleed and the scabs turn to Bakelite!

Sorry, Jinkie has just reminded me that it is one minute after 5 pm. Pushy Pussy! That is what we call our cats and it is not considered vulgar. Kitties, indeed!
(I'm back) Fed the cats. We are having Lion's Head and Fried Rice.
Later-

message 7: by Ken (new)

Ken | 18480 comments Mod
Thanks for the update. And the reminder about winter. How quickly we forget when we're sweltering over here. And I suppose the cats are OK with colder weather. Fur coats, don't ya know...

message 8: by Gabi (new)

Gabi Fuller (CountryMouseMe) | 474 comments I have received an email from Carol. Hasn't been well but is looking forward to the first(?) grandchild. see ya!