Play Book Tag discussion

Archives 2016-2017 > Olympic Challenge - a multi-group challenge

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by JoLene (last edited Jul 17, 2016 01:33PM) (new)

JoLene (trvl2mtns) | 1532 comments I am the challenge mod for the Historical Fictionistas group. We are participating in a multi-group Olympic themed challenge.

I know that some of you like challenges so I thought I would post the announcement here as well. Anyone can join. The teams are assigned randomly. (NOTE: The announcement was done by the AMMP group and then I just customized for what I posted in Historical Fictionistas).

In order to participate you must be willing to read at least 2 books during the events that your team is participating in --- and the events are 2 weeks long, If you join, I am hosting the "red" team.

Happy to answer any questions if you want more info. The challenges are actually posted in the Olympic group if you want to see what types of challenges there are.

message 2: by JoLene (new)

JoLene (trvl2mtns) | 1532 comments ****This announcement contains pictures and gifs, if you are on the goodreads app you may not be able to see them, however they are not necessary to the details given.****

Welcome one and all to the 2016 Goodreads Olympics Games.

This year (if you haven't heard) the Olympic Games will be held in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

description

Rio de Janeiro has long been regarded as the Carnival capital of the world.
The Rio Carnival is not only the biggest Carnival, it is also a benchmark against which every other carnival is compared and one of the most interesting artistic events on the globe.

Almost everyone has heard of Rio Carnival. Foreign visitors to it alone number around 500,000 every year.

Be prepared for lots of colour and dancing in the street, even the animals are getting in on the act!

description

The group, A Million More Pages (AMMP) was moved by the Olympic spirit of camaraderie and decided to host an Olympic Challenge, bringing together several groups across the GoodReads community. Each group created a challenge based on a summer Olympic event and will be hosting a team during this multi-week event.

Here are the participating groups, hosting the 2016 Goodreads Olympic games. Feel free to stop by any of the groups, see what they're about and join them if you'd like!

A Million More Pages (AMMP)
AMMP Game Night
Gotta Have Romance with a Kick
My Vampire Book Obsession
Pick a Shelf
Historical Fictionistas - you know who we are :-D

Follow this link HEREto the Meet Your Hosts page.

**PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THIS CHALLENGE WILL BE TAKING PLACE IN A SEPARATE GROUP, YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO JOIN THE 2016 GOODREADS OLYMPIC GAMES GROUP TO TAKE PART**

This will be a team challenge lasting from Aug 8 - Oct 31. There will be 6 events lasting 2 weeks each + opening and closing ceremonies. Your team does not have to participate in all events, but if you do you will be expected to read at least 2 books during the 2 week event period. Belong to more than one of the participating groups --- no problem, the teams are not group-based so you will have an opportunity to meet people from other groups.

Sign up ...HERE and follow the instructions to find your Olympic Dream. Sign-ups are from July 10 - 21.

description
PS. Don't forget your party snacks!!!
description