Read (or Reread) Harry Potter discussion

The Prisoner of Azkaban > Prisoner of Azkaban 05: The Dementor (discuss only this chapter and anything prior)

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brianna (new)

Brianna (bebecburt) | 550 comments Mod
no spoilers please

message 2: by Brianna (new)

"I don't go looking for trouble... Trouble usually finds me." - Oh how true that is! lol
Gah dementors are pretty terrifying.
I wonder why Snape 'loathes' Lupin.

message 3: by LENA (new)

LENA TRAK | 202 comments Mod
Serial killers, death omens, trains plunged into darkness in the middle of nowhere, dementors... This is one of my favourite parts in the whole series. This is where the books start getting darker and I simply loooove it! This is exactly how I want it to be!

message 4: by LENA (new)

Also I have a question about Hagrid... Is he a true wizard or a squib?

message 5: by Brianna (new)

LENA wrote: "Also I have a question about Hagrid... Is he a true wizard or a squib?"

It's hard to say. I want to say a true wizard simply because he was kicked out of Hogwarts in his 3rd year. He just never was taught. They never really say he wasn't capable of performing magic prior to him being expelled (if I remember correctly from the last book).

message 6: by Ria (new)

Ria (ban1chka) | 118 comments Oh, hey, don't forget that Hagrid gave Dudley a pig tail in the first book! And he lit a fire with magic as well. He was hiding his wand in his umbrella and he said he was grateful to Dumbledore for letting him keep it! Because he was supposed to give it away and he's not supposed to be doing magic (because he was kicked out of Hogwarts and all that). So yeah, definitely a wizard.

message 7: by LENA (new)

Ria wrote: "Oh, hey, don't forget that Hagrid gave Dudley a pig tail in the first book! And he lit a fire with magic as well. He was hiding his wand in his umbrella and he said he was grateful to Dumbledore fo..."

You're right Ria... I remember the part with the umbrella!!!!
Thanks!