Read (or Reread) Harry Potter discussion

Starting Point > Introductions

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brianna (last edited Jul 17, 2016 11:15AM) (new)

Brianna (bebecburt) | 550 comments Mod
Hi everyone! Welcome to the group! Share a little about yourself and your experience with Harry Potter! Have you read the books or seen the movies? What are your favorite books or genres?

I'm Brianna and I love to read and I love my fur babies (2 dogs and 1 cat).
I have read Harry Potter before and I love re-reading them. I've also seen all the movies (multiple times). lol I have way too many favorite books, but my favorite genres are fantasy and contemporary.

message 2: by Vishakha (new)

Vishakha Motwani (vimo) | 7 comments Hiiii! I'm Vishakha, I was immensely inspired to read the ASoIaF series by joining a group which led me to figure out that I can actually go through with series reading better when I'm in a group discussion.

I've never read Harry Potter *ohh please don't disown me*, I'm getting there. I actually started reading books last year summer, hence the delay! Now I can't live without books. I'm super excited to start the series..

message 3: by Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie) (last edited Jul 18, 2016 09:52AM) (new)

Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie)  Hi. I am Leslie. I, like Vishakha, am a newer reader. I started to get into reading in Dec. 2014 so there are lots of books and series that everyone but me has read, HP being one of them.

I have read 1, 2, and 3 and will jump aboard the group read at book 4.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Hello. I am Alex. I take care of one-year old daughter and read her children books because I get tired of reading Hop on Pop 5 billion times. We are on book four of the HP series. I usually read books that were made into movies, then I horribly bash the movie because it isn't the same. I usually stick into the fiction realm, but I have been reading some Nonfiction this year.

I have a hard time finishing series, because I get bored easily or I forget. These groups help me keep on track.

message 5: by Ria (last edited Jul 18, 2016 09:42AM) (new)

Ria (ban1chka) | 118 comments Hi. I'm Ria, I'm 17 and I've been reading since I was 4. I have my parents to thank for that, they are both voracious readers.

Harry Potter was one of the series I loved to read while growing up, I remember I was around 11 when I started and I think my first disappointment in life came when I didn't get my Hogwarts letter :D I've read and re-read the first three books thousands of times, the second and third were always my favourites. The last three books are a bit foggy, since I've only read them once. I've watched all the movies as well, 5th and 6th only once and the others several times.

I've tried re-reading the whole series from first to last many times, but somehow I never got past the third. I started again about a year ago, this time I am set on going through with it. The last one I finished was HP and the Goblet of Fire, so I'll wait until you get to the fifth one to read along. I already know the story, but this is my first time reading it in English, so I'm excited.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi im Hollie. I am a massive Potterhead. I love all of the books and have read them multiple times. I am a ravenclaw and my favourite character is Hermione although i think i am a mixture of Hermione and Ginny.

My favourite book is Philosophers Stone as we meet most of the characters for the first time and we get to hear about Hogwarts and Quidditch for the first time.

I love re-reading the series and I love different opinions on the series so i am excited to join the group.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Nice to meet you all

message 8: by LENA (new)

LENA TRAK | 202 comments Mod
Hello Everyone and welcome!!!

My name is Lena and I am a teacher. I discovered the magical world of books around the age of 18 but then I started working and I never managed to read more than 10 books a year. I joined Goodreads this January and I found an amazing group where beautiful people discuss the ASOIAF series! The very same people are responsible for creating this group! A big THANK YOU to Brianna!!!!!!!!!!

I have read the Harry Potter Series once and I have watched the films like....I don't know! I've lost count!

I just loooooove being here with you discussing what probably feels my favourite book series so far!

Can't wait for us to start!

See you at Hogwarts Express!

message 9: by LENA (new)

Ana wrote: "Hi!
My name is Ana and I'm 15. I love reading since I was a little kid and my favorite genre is Fantasy. I had never read Harry Potter so it was one of my 2016 goals. I started and now I've read ti..."

Welcome Anna!!!!! So glad to hear young people interested in reading books! We're going to have a great time!

message 10: by Brianna (new)

Welcome everyone!

Vishakha & Leslie→ I'm so excited to experience the books through you. While you can never read a book for the first time ever again, you can always experience someone else reading it for the first time and that is a close feeling. I hope you like them! (but don't feel bad if you don't)

Like many of you, I've read the first few a few times, but only once or twice for the second half of the series!

message 11: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Hello and sorry to just be joining the group after all these introductions but I'm glad to be a part of it!
My name is Elizabeth, I'm 15 and am yet to read these books! I'm a really passionate reader but I seem to be one of the last people to be catching up on a lot of popular series like this!
It's good to have heard all about you and see everything so organised, and I can't wait to get started!

message 12: by Brianna (new)

Welcome Elizabeth! It'll be exciting to read the book with so many first time readers. We're happy you found us!

message 13: by LENA (new)

Hello Elizabeth!! Welcome to our group!

message 14: by emma noelle (new)

emma noelle (unabridgedearlgrey) I'm Emma, and I've just discovered Goodreads! I'm very excited to be apart of such a large community of readers. :) I love the HP series, and have read all the books and seen the movies numerous times. I'm currently working my way through the the series again (I'm on Order of the Phoenix now, the only book I have a love-hate relationship with) before I read The Cursed Child—I want everything to be fresh in my mind again. There's been so much controversy surrounding the new book, but I'm trying to keep a very open mind!

message 15: by LENA (new)

Welcome Emma! It's really good to have you in our group! I can't wait to read The Cursed Child but I am trying to be patient because like you I want to relive the experience from scratch before I read about the adult Harry. We're starting book 1 in September. You are more than welcome to join our discussions whether you are reading the first book again or not! :)