Read (or Reread) Harry Potter discussion

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1)
The Sorcerer's Stone > Sorcerer's Stone 17: The Man with Two Faces (discuss only this chapter and anything prior)

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Brianna (bebecburt) | 550 comments Mod
no spoilers please

Oh snap!
I wonder where Voldemort hung out before deciding to keep a closer eye on Quirrel...
Since his mom died protecting Harry, why does Voldemort want him specifically dead?
"What happened down in the dungeons between you and Professor Quirrell is a complete secret, so, naturally, the whole school knows."

LENA TRAK | 202 comments Mod
I think he wants him dead because he is the only one who survived him. He is also the reason he lost his powers and he was forced to go into hiding.

Well who knew? Professor Quirrell was a real surprise the first time I read this. I wonder how he and Voldemort met. Quirrell seems more as if he is possessed rather than a loyal servant.

Can anyone tell me how Harry got the stone? Did Dumbledore give it to thim? I never got it.

" It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies but just as much to stand up to our friends." I love Neville Longbottom!

message 5: by Ria (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ria (ban1chka) | 118 comments LENA wrote: "Can anyone tell me how Harry got the stone? Did Dumbledore give it to thim? I never got it."
Dumbledore explains it at the end. He put a spell on the mirror of Erised (btw, it took me a few years to realise the name's basically Desire, only backwards :D), so that only someone who needed to find the stone, but didn't want to use it for him or herself could get it.

Well it's not so clear in the book. At least to me. I had to google it to realize that he had actually hidden the stone inside the mirror. pffff after all these years. Finally got it! Thanks Ria!

message 7: by Ria (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ria (ban1chka) | 118 comments LENA wrote: "Well it's not so clear in the book. At least to me. I had to google it to realize that he had actually hidden the stone inside the mirror. pffff after all these years. Finally got it! Thanks Ria!"
You're welcome :)

I know I didn't quite understand how he got the stone the first few times I read the book. It took a bit of growing up and re-reading before it finally clicked. lol