Read (or Reread) Harry Potter discussion

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1)
The Sorcerer's Stone > Sorcerer's Stone 11: Quidditch (discuss only this chapter and anything prior)

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Brianna (bebecburt) | 550 comments Mod
no spoilers please

Brianna (bebecburt) | 550 comments Mod
Not important, but why choose the phrase 'Potter for President' for the banner? How is that sports related? lol
I love Lee Jordan's commentary.
I seriously love Hagrid. He tries so hard to do what he's told by Dumbledore and not share any information, but when you're up against some pretty observant 11 year olds-things can slip out!

message 3: by Elizabeth (new) - added it

Elizabeth Eactly what I thought, snd me too! Hagrid is definitely one of my favourites!

message 4: by LENA (last edited Sep 19, 2016 04:21PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

LENA TRAK | 202 comments Mod
I hadn't thought about that until you mentioned it Brianna. Perhaps it's something like a Hogwarts private joke? Or it could mean: "We like Potter so much he should be the president of the country". Though come to think of it the UK doesn't have presidents, does it???
I don't get it either ladies!

message 5: by Ria (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ria (ban1chka) | 118 comments Brianna wrote: "I love Lee Jordan's commentary."
Ooooh, yes! This has always been one of my favourite parts of the books. (view spoiler)

LENA TRAK | 202 comments Mod
About your spoiler Ria, I couldn't agree more. I have to confess I love the second part more than the first one. This is where I identify with our heroes 100%.

message 7: by Ria (last edited Oct 02, 2016 12:01PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ria (ban1chka) | 118 comments LENA wrote: "About your spoiler Ria, I couldn't agree more. I have to confess I love the second part more than the first one. This is where I identify with our heroes 100%."

Well, for me, it was always the first part. I've read and re-read those books a thousand times, they're practically home. So whenever I read any of the last four books, I just get this overwhelming sense of nostalgia. It might be because I was very young when I read them. Perhaps it'll be different this time (though I doubt it).