Read (or Reread) Harry Potter discussion

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1)
The Sorcerer's Stone > Sorcerer's Stone 01: The Boy Who Lived (discuss only this chapter)

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Brianna (bebecburt) | 550 comments Mod
no spoilers please

I feel like Mr. Dursley is experiencing one of his worst days ever- everyone is acting very unDursleyish!
"He'll be famous-- a legend-- I wouldn't be surprised if today was known as Harry Potter day in the future-- there will be books written about Harry-- every child in our world will know his name!"

message 3: by Elizabeth (new) - added it

Elizabeth I love how Rowling have been so unaware of the truth behind that!!

LENA TRAK | 202 comments Mod
Number four, Privet Drive!

Oh it feels so good reading Harry Potter again! I just love the way Rowling introduces us to her story, creating this aura of mystery around Harry...I'm falling in love with it all over again.

message 5: by Elizabeth (new) - added it

Elizabeth Glad you're enjoying it!

Yeah, me too Elizabeth!

I fall in love every time I read this first chapter. It's probably one of the best openings ever written.

Brianna wrote: "I fall in love every time I read this first chapter. It's probably one of the best openings ever written."

I couldn't agree more...It's flawless!

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Mr. Dursley is really obsessed with appearances. Life would be so boring if everything was bland and everyone looked the same. Makes me wonder if the Dursleys are the outsiders trying to fit in the normal world.