Agatha Christie Lovers discussion

General > Books so good you called in sick, late... or lost?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) Audible is featuring some books that they say would have you calling in sick, late, ... or lost.

So, have you had a book that had you doing this?

message 2: by Aušrinė (new)

Aušrinė (ausrejurke) | 153 comments I think, Dan Brown's books made me loose track of time and almost to be late quite some times.
And yesterday I didn't even noticed that the train was very close to my station while reading Danielle Trussoni Angelology.
Also, Harry Potter, The Hunger Games and many others would fall into this category if I wasn't reading them on the weekend at home.

message 3: by Erin (new)

Erin (ems84) | 2986 comments There have been books where I have been so engrossed in them that I have lost track of time whether it be almost going in late for work or going to bed later than usual.

message 4: by Carolyn F. (last edited Jul 26, 2016 04:22PM) (new)

Carolyn F. | 4630 comments Mod
Outlander was that, I didn't go to bed until about 3am on a workday. I was a walking zombie the next day so did I go to bed as soon as I went home, no! I stayed up late (but not as late) the next night.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Carolyn F. wrote: "Outlander was that, I didn't go to bed until about 3pm on a workday. I was a walking zombie the next day so did I go to bed as soon as I went home, no! I stayed up late (but not as lat..."

Love your new photo, Carolyn.

I can't think of a specific book here because I do this all the time. Get caught up in a book and then notice it's hours past my bedtime! So I try to read earlier in the day. Meanwhile, my sister-in-law reads ONLY at bedtime; it puts her to sleep. She reads for 1/2 hour at the most and takes ages to finish each book.

message 6: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 4630 comments Mod
Thanks Sarah :)

I meant 3am not 3pm.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Carolyn F. wrote: "Thanks Sarah :)

I meant 3am not 3pm."

I didn't even notice! I read it as 3 am, that you were up until the wee hours!