Space Opera Fans discussion

Reader Discussions > Books so good you called in sick, late... or lost?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) Audible is featuring some books that they say would have you calling in sick, late, ... or lost.

So, have you had a book that had you doing this?

message 2: by Anna (new)

Anna Erishkigal (annaerishkigal) Audiobook, no (those are a 'commute to work' thing so I'd be in the parking lot, waiting to finish up a chapter) :-)

But some of the James S.A. Corey and Jack Campbell military space opera kept me awake until the rooster crowed 3:-)

message 3: by Teresa, Plan B is in Effect (new)

Teresa Carrigan | 2579 comments Mod
I haven't called in sick, but I have definitely stayed up until after 2am to finish a book several times, then had to be at my desk at 7am.

message 4: by Betsy (new)

Betsy | 894 comments Mod
Oh, yes. Some of the Honor Harrington series.

message 5: by Captain (new)

Captain (combatbootsandcardigans) | 0 comments Let's see, I've never called in sick over a book, but I have been late. As for loosing sleep, there have been several sleepless nights spent on countless books. Most recently it was Dune which kept me up until the early hours of the morning. It was totally worth it!

message 6: by Lizzie (new)

Lizzie | 299 comments I have stayed up all night reading a book, finishing it as I eat breakfast and head out the door to work. When Anne McCaffrey added books to her dragonriders of Pern series in the 90s and 2000s I was late often and sick a couple of times.

message 7: by Brad (new)

Brad Cash | 24 comments I am always looking for a series as good as Honor. Let me knownwhat they are

message 8: by Teresa, Plan B is in Effect (new)

Teresa Carrigan | 2579 comments Mod
The ones I can remember were by Nathan Lowell; Sharon Lee and Steve Miller; and some fantasy series too.