Save Our Cozies Readathon discussion

Readathon Hourly Challenges > Hour 19 Challenge

Comments Showing 1-45 of 45 (45 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Debbie (last edited Jul 16, 2016 03:19PM) (new)

Debbie Riley | 23 comments I am currently reading Cracked to Death
Haven't gotten much reading done today. But have managed to get a couple chapters in. Hoping to get a lot more done tonight. Really enjoying this book and can't wait to see how it turns out.

message 2: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen | 30 comments Way to go everyone. keep reading!!! You can do it!
Have encourages a few here and on Save Our Cozies facebook page.

message 3: by wonderwomand (new)

wonderwomand | 163 comments Debbie wrote: "I am currently reading Cracked to Death
Haven't gotten much reading done today. But have managed to get a couple chapters in. Hoping to get a lot more done tonight. Really enjoying ..."

Debbie,

Way to go!

message 4: by wonderwomand (new)

wonderwomand | 163 comments My progress so far:

I am currently reading Fat Cat At Large

Sorry I have not been able to read much of the book during the readathon.

I need to figure out how to do the hourly challenges and read my book at the same time.

Thank you!
Bionic

message 5: by Angela (new)

Angela Holland (bookaunt) | 2 comments Debbie,

Glad you got to get some reading in today. I too home to read more tonight than I have today. We got this.

message 6: by wonderwomand (new)

wonderwomand | 163 comments Kathleen wrote: "Way to go everyone. keep reading!!! You can do it!
Have encourages a few here and on Save Our Cozies facebook page."

Kathleen,
Thank you!

message 7: by Catherine (last edited Jul 16, 2016 03:25PM) (new)

Catherine I have surprisingly not gotten a lot of reading done. Too busy posting stuff and reading other people's posts and taking quizzes, etc. I'm not complaining since I am having a blast and I think the goal of this was to bring awareness to cozies, which I think we are accomplishing in a big way!

message 8: by Nancy (last edited Jul 16, 2016 03:27PM) (new)

Nancy | 25 comments Way to go everyone. I haven't read much today bcause I have been too busy with the activities here! I started Seams Like Murder today and hope to finish it tomorrow or Monday at the latest! I am having a blast too!

message 9: by wonderwomand (new)

wonderwomand | 163 comments Catherine wrote: "I have surprisingly not going a lot of reading done. Too busy posting stuff and reading other people's posts and taking quizzes, etc. I'm not complaining since I am having a blast and I think the g..."

Catherine,

That's a great attitude. I feel better after you said the above so thank you! I admit I am having a blast too.

Bionic :-)

message 10: by wonderwomand (new)

wonderwomand | 163 comments The quizzes challenged me and I have added more books to my TBR list.

Thank you!

message 11: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Meadows (lizziefaye) | 13 comments Diana wrote: "My progress so far:

I need to figure out how to do the hourly ch..."

That sounds like a fun book. I hope you will review it after you finish it.

message 12: by Brooke (new)

Brooke (cozymysteryfan) | 24 comments Way to go Everyone! We're almost to the finish line!

message 13: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Meadows (lizziefaye) | 13 comments Nancy wrote: "Way to go everyone. I haven't read much today bcause I have been too busy with the activities here! I started Seams Like Murder today and hope to finish it tomorrow or Monday at the latest! I am ha..."

You sound like me. I have barely read a chapter because I have company visiting, but I have managed to do a few challenges and they have enjoyed helping me a little. It's been fun so far.

message 14: by wonderwomand (new)

wonderwomand | 163 comments Ronnie wrote: "Debbie wrote: "I am currently reading Cracked to Death
Haven't gotten much reading done today. But have managed to get a couple chapters in. Hoping to get a lot more done tonight. R..."

Bonnie,

Way to go! Keep on reading!

Bionic

message 15: by wonderwomand (new)

wonderwomand | 163 comments Elizabeth wrote: "Diana wrote: "My progress so far:

I need to figure out how to do..."

Elizabeth,

I'll try! I need to finish the book before I can write a review. it takes me a while to write and edit my book reviews.

message 16: by wonderwomand (new)

wonderwomand | 163 comments Elizabeth wrote: "Nancy wrote: "Way to go everyone. I haven't read much today bcause I have been too busy with the activities here! I started Seams Like Murder today and hope to finish it tomorrow or Monday at the l..."

Elizabeth wrote: "Nancy wrote: "Way to go everyone. I haven't read much today bcause I have been too busy with the activities here! I started Seams Like Murder today and hope to finish it tomorrow or Monday at the l..."

Elizabeth,

Way to go!

message 17: by wonderwomand (new)

wonderwomand | 163 comments Brooke wrote: "Way to go Everyone! We're almost to the finish line!"

Brooke,

Thank you! Cheers to all of us! We are nearing the finish line :-)

message 18: by Nancy (new)

Nancy | 25 comments Now my only question is "Can I make it to the end?"

message 19: by wonderwomand (new)

wonderwomand | 163 comments Angela Lynn wrote: "Debbie,

Glad you got to get some reading in today. I too home to read more tonight than I have today. We got this."

Way to go!

message 20: by wonderwomand (new)

wonderwomand | 163 comments Ronnie wrote: "Debbie wrote: "I am currently reading Cracked to Death
Haven't gotten much reading done today. But have managed to get a couple chapters in. Hoping to get a lot more done tonight. R..."

Brooke,
That's great you read 50 pages during the readathon. I am on the 6th page because I was too busy with the hourly challenges and quizzes. I was not sure how I can read a book and meet the challenges at the same time.

Bionic

message 21: by Kristi (new)

Kristi (ordinaryknitter) | 15 comments Elizabeth wrote: "Nancy wrote: "Way to go everyone. I haven't read much today bcause I have been too busy with the activities here! I started Seams Like Murder today and hope to finish it tomorrow or Monday at the l..."

I have to say that I love your BookTube channel! I decided to sign up for the readathon after watching your video. So, you are helping to promote cozy mysteries quite a bit even if you don't have a lot of time to read on this one day.

message 22: by wonderwomand (new)

wonderwomand | 163 comments Elizabeth wrote: "Nancy wrote: "Way to go everyone. I haven't read much today bcause I have been too busy with the activities here! I started Seams Like Murder today and hope to finish it tomorrow or Monday at the l..."

Elizabeth,

Way to go! Yes, it has been fun!

Bionic

message 23: by Nell (new)

Nell I'm currently reading Threaded for Trouble. I've read about 25% of the book. Between packing for a trip and participating in the readathon check-ins, I'm probably reading less than I otherwise would.

I'm really enjoying the check-ins. Kudos on the creativity mods!

message 24: by wonderwomand (new)

wonderwomand | 163 comments Kristi wrote: "Elizabeth wrote: "Nancy wrote: "Way to go everyone. I haven't read much today bcause I have been too busy with the activities here! I started Seams Like Murder today and hope to finish it tomorrow ..."

Kristi,

Thank you. I'll need to check out the booktube channel.

Bionic

message 25: by wonderwomand (new)

wonderwomand | 163 comments Nell wrote: "I'm currently reading Threaded for Trouble. I've read about 25% of the book. Between packing for a trip and participating in the readathon check-ins, I'm probably reading less than ..."

Nell,

Way to go! You are awesome - multitasking!!

Thank you,
Bionic

message 26: by Kristi (new)

Kristi (ordinaryknitter) | 15 comments Nancy wrote: "Now my only question is "Can I make it to the end?""

Yes! You definitely can make it!

I am at 72% of Plagued By Quilt by Molly MacRae. I had hoped to make it through two books today, but that is not going to happen. I just hope to finish this one.

message 27: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Nancy wrote: "Now my only question is "Can I make it to the end?""

You can do it, Nancy!!

message 28: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Kristi wrote: "Nancy wrote: "Now my only question is "Can I make it to the end?""

I am at 72% of Plagued By Quilt by Molly MacRae. I had hoped to..."

I know what you mean, Kristi. I had big plans of finishing a few books and haven't even finished one. But the ones I'm reading are very good. I just keep getting distracted!

72% is a lot better than I'm doing!

message 29: by wonderwomand (new)

wonderwomand | 163 comments Nancy wrote: "Now my only question is "Can I make it to the end?""

Nancy,

Yes, you can do it! We are cheering you on!

Bionic

message 30: by Kristina (new)

Kristina (krisa_theavidreader) | 1 comments I am reading Show Time by Suzanne Trauth Show Time (A Dodie O'Dell Mystery #1) by Suzanne M. Trauth . I am almost done. I finished Address to Die For by Mary Feliz Address to Die For (A Maggie McDonald Mystery #1) by Mary Feliz during the wee hours. Next up is Kilt at the Highland Games Kilt at the Highland Games by Kaitlyn Dunnett Keep up the good work everyone!

message 31: by wonderwomand (new)

wonderwomand | 163 comments Catherine wrote: "Kristi wrote: "Nancy wrote: "Now my only question is "Can I make it to the end?""

I am at 72% of Plagued By Quilt by Molly MacRae...."

Nancy and Catherine,

I am still at the beginning of my book. I made it to page 9. 72 percent is way better than my progress.

Bionic

message 32: by wonderwomand (new)

wonderwomand | 163 comments Diana wrote: "Catherine wrote: "Kristi wrote: "Nancy wrote: "Now my only question is "Can I make it to the end?""

I am at 72% of Plagued By Quilt by [author:Mol..."

Though I do not really mind since I an having too much fun!

message 33: by Jackie (new)

Jackie I am on my second book which I will definitely finish today.

message 34: by Kristi (new)

Kristi (ordinaryknitter) | 15 comments Diana wrote: "My progress so far:

I need to figure out how to do the hourly ch..."

That book looks really interesting! I added it to my tbr list. I am struggling to read and complete the challenges as well. I think that the important thing is to have fun. I think that you are doing great!

message 35: by wonderwomand (new)

wonderwomand | 163 comments Jackie wrote: "I am on my second book which I will definitely finish today."

Jackie,

Way to go! I am still on my first book. Too busy with hourly challenges and quizzes.

message 36: by Jackie (new)

Jackie Ronnie, I have added to my TBR also. Great challenges, keep up the good work and reading too!

message 37: by Debbie (new)

Debbie Riley | 23 comments Diana wrote: "Diana wrote: "Catherine wrote: "Kristi wrote: "Nancy wrote: "Now my only question is "Can I make it to the end?""

I am at 72% of Plagued By Quilt ..."

Ronnie wrote: "Catherine wrote: "I have surprisingly not gotten a lot of reading done. Too busy posting stuff and reading other people's posts and taking quizzes, etc. I'm not complaining since I am having a blas..."

Ronnie wrote: "Catherine wrote: "I have surprisingly not gotten a lot of reading done. Too busy posting stuff and reading other people's posts and taking quizzes, etc. I'm not complaining since I am having a blas..."<

You can do it!!!

message 38: by Jackie (new)

Jackie Nancy, you CAN make it to the end! Keep reading.

message 39: by Jackie (new)

Jackie Diana, you can do this too! We still have several hours left to read.

message 40: by wonderwomand (new)

wonderwomand | 163 comments Jackie,

Thanks! Now back to the first book and reading until the next hourly challenge.

message 41: by Terri (new)

Terri Crossley | 35 comments Congratulations everyone! Hopefully this will save our cozy mysteries! I am glad I have the day to read and everyone in the house is busy! I did have to take a break to help my daughter with a flat tire but I am ready to read again!

message 42: by wonderwomand (new)

wonderwomand | 163 comments Yay! Finished first chapter of first book. That's progress!

message 43: by Karen-Leigh (new)

Karen-Leigh | 32 comments Just under the wire I have finished The Skeleton in the Family by Leigh Perry and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was significantly different from most of the cozies I have read, in that the writer incorporated significant details of popular culture. Now from my perspective that is a dangerous thing to do if you want your book to have a long shelf life. There is nothing so ephemeral as slang, toys, games and such that change so quickly and pass leaving the book high and dry to new readers. However, in the meantime while it is all fresh in real life the story was a gem and filled with puns. I cannot wait to start the next one. It took longer to read because I kept interrupting it for challenges and real life things but it was so engrossing that it was easy to hurry back and pick up where I left off. Sid is a treasure.

message 44: by wonderwomand (new)

wonderwomand | 163 comments Karen-Leigh wrote: "Just under the wire I have finished The Skeleton in the Family by Leigh Perry and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was significantly different from most of the cozies I have read, in that the writer inc..."

Way to go, Karen Leigh!

message 45: by Britney (new)

Britney (tarheels) I haven't had much time to read, but way to go everyone that has kicked butt on reading.