The Perks Of Being A Book Addict discussion

Do you sometimes sit and cry whenever you dont have a book to read?

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Seema M. (new)

Seema M. Fazil (brotherlyloveisbeautiful) | 25 comments I know, dumb question. But I'm just wondering cos it sometimes happens to me. Does it happen to you too? I hope I'm not the only one. Sometimes I feel I'm the only bookworm in the world.

message 2: by Billy "D" (new)

Billy "D" | 52 comments Obsessed with books,too. Suggestion, read The Yellow-Lighted Bookshop: A Memoir, a History when you get a chance. We are not alone.........lol.

message 3: by Kiri Fiona (new)

Kiri Fiona (kirifiona) | 5 comments I cried some pretty genuine tears when Amazon told me the book I wanted to buy was not available in my country (NZ.) My book funk didn't last long - I always find something new on here :)

message 4: by Pheonix (new)

Pheonix | 7 comments I sometimes used to cry when my boyfriend would distract me from my books. like seriously let me reads. I love you but the book is here and I just wanna read. lol. he has gotten much better lol. now he asks "want me to get off PlayStation or do you wanna read?" lol Love that he knows me so well now.

message 5: by Kiri Fiona (new)

Kiri Fiona (kirifiona) | 5 comments Lol Pheonix - I used to feel the same way. My boyfriend used to say 'you're always mad at me when you're reading' - I felt so guilty. Or kind of guilty, anyway.

Maybe not guilty at all :s

message 6: by Esther (last edited Jul 17, 2016 12:51AM) (new)

Esther (eshchory) | 117 comments It has been so long since I have been without a book. If the worst happens and I finish my book too quickly I read something on my phone or if the battery has died I buy another book (with my over-flowing shelves I try not to do that too often)

But I do get a little panic attack when I think of all the lovely books I have on my shelves and how little time I have to read them.

message 7: by Zainr (new)

Zainr  (Zainr) | 22 comments Lol yes I do. In fact... I am ... NOW.

message 8: by Seema M. (new)

Seema M. Fazil (brotherlyloveisbeautiful) | 25 comments Zainr wrote: "Lol yes I do. In fact... I am ... NOW."

Really??? :o
Wow, I'm so glad I'm not the only one! :)

message 9: by Zainr (new)

Zainr  (Zainr) | 22 comments Yes! Haha!

message 10: by Apurva (new)

Apurva Khadye It happens when I am out and forget to take book(and also my headphones)... worst kind of journey :(

message 11: by Tammy (new)

Tammy | 231 comments I always have something to read, I do reread but I admit sometimes I go through a nothing seems to satisfy mood. Kind of like the feeling of nothing to wear when you have a closet full of clothes.

message 12: by Groovy (last edited Oct 20, 2016 11:35AM) (new)

Groovy Lee | 428 comments Okay, I have to ask:

Why would you cry because of nothing to read? Your Kindle should be loaded with to-read books. There's a library on every corner. Why are you crying?:)

She who must not be named (she_who_must_not_be_named) | 33 comments Not when I don't have a book to read. I'm completely depressed when I know I have a million books I could read, but instead am forced to concentrate on mundane things like school. In situations like that, yes, I have cried. For some reason, my family does not understand that I cannot function unless I read a little everyday *sigh*
Anybody out there like me?

message 14: by Seema M. (new)

Seema M. Fazil (brotherlyloveisbeautiful) | 25 comments She who must not be named wrote: "Not when I don't have a book to read. I'm completely depressed when I know I have a million books I could read, but instead am forced to concentrate on mundane things like school. In situations lik..."

OMG same!

message 15: by Groovy (new)

Groovy Lee | 428 comments Ah, now I understand. I hate it when life gets in the way, also.

message 16: by Seema M. (new)

Seema M. Fazil (brotherlyloveisbeautiful) | 25 comments Totally! Reality always cuts into our reading time! :p