Save Our Cozies Readathon discussion

Readathon Hourly Challenges > Hour 17 Challenge

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alice (new)

Alice Teets | 3 comments I'm Melanie Cooper from the Cupcake Bakery!

message 2: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen | 30 comments I'm James Quilleran from the Cat Who.. series series by Lilian Jackson Braun.

message 3: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (getintothesun) | 8 comments You got: James Qwilleran
From The Cat Who… series by Lilian Jackson Braun! The first book in this series is The Cat Who Could Read Backwards. James is philanthropist, interested in the arts, lover of cats and a social butterfly. James is an ex-newspaper reporter who inherited great wealth and uses it to better the lives of others (and his cats). Does this sound like you?

Makes sense, since its my favorite series!

message 4: by Jackie (new)

Jackie I got James Qwilleran from The Cat Who... series by Lilian Jackson Braun.

Seems like a good match.

message 5: by Brooke (new)

Brooke (cozymysteryfan) | 24 comments I got James Qwilleran. Guess I'll have to start reading the Cat Who Series

message 6: by wonderwomand (new)

wonderwomand | 163 comments Alas, I am James Qwillieran from the Cat Who...

Was hoping for an English detective. Oh well...

message 7: by Debbie (new)

Debbie Riley | 23 comments I got James Qwilleran from the Car Who..from Lillian Jackson Braun

message 8: by Nancy (new)

Nancy | 25 comments I got Charlie Harris from the Cat in teh Stacks Mysteries!

message 9: by Debbie (new)

Debbie Riley | 23 comments Looks like alot of people got James Qwilleran.

message 10: by Christie (new)

Christie (christineocheallaigh) | 26 comments I got Agatha Raisin. I tried posting on Facebook but not sure if it went through because nothing showed up on my screen no matter which Facebook icon I clicked on, and I think it got added to my Pinterest and Google + pages but I'm not sure.

message 11: by Patrizia (new)

Patrizia | 22 comments I'm Charlie Harris by Miranda James. Ehm... I have to read this series!

message 12: by Jackie (new)

Jackie Funny that 4 of us got the same person. Maybe we all love cats?

message 13: by Karen-Leigh (new)

Karen-Leigh | 32 comments I got Charlie Harris from Cat in the Stacks by Miranda James and it is so accurate. I could see myself walking Diesel through town and taking him to work and not mingling much. Solitary is my middle name.

message 14: by Anne (new)

Anne | 8 comments I got Agatha Raisin. Well, I certainly read a lot of the books ..

message 15: by Christie (new)

Christie (christineocheallaigh) | 26 comments I wish I'd gotten Qwill! I identify a lot more with him. A lot of the questions didn't really apply to me though so that didn't help.

message 16: by Catherine (new)

Catherine I got Charlie Harris! I think I have some of these books in my pile. I have so many cozies I haven't started yet!!

message 17: by Karen-Leigh (new)

Karen-Leigh | 32 comments You got: Charlie Harris

From A Cat In the Stacks Mysteries by Miranda James! The first book in this series is Murder Past Due. Charlie is a lover of his giant cat named Diesel, curious, kind, academic and keeps to himself. Charlie is a friendly librarian who stumbles upon mysteries left and right. Does this sound like you?

message 18: by Rosemary (new)

Rosemary | 8 comments I got Agatha Raisin from the Agatha Raisin series by M.C. Beaton.

message 19: by Christie (new)

Christie (christineocheallaigh) | 26 comments Ronnie, I got Agatha Raisin. I haven't even read those books so I have no idea how much like her I really am, but I have read every single Cat Who book, multiple times, and I love Koko and Yum Yum and their pet human, Qwill. :-P Every time I read those books I want to move to Moose County, 400 miles north of everywhere, and I hate snow (and already live in a state that sees snow every year, unfortunately)!

message 20: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Hockman | 13 comments I'm Aurora "Rory" McCain. Sounds like I have a new series to start.

message 21: by Christie (new)

Christie (christineocheallaigh) | 26 comments Yay! Sorry I haven't been here before now, I take sinus pills before bedtime every night and they knock me out for several hours, assuming my furry brats don't wake me up first! Then I was getting caught up on all my emails so I could come over here without too many distractions. But hopefully I'll be popping in a lot more often now! :D

message 22: by Christie (new)

Christie (christineocheallaigh) | 26 comments Which series is Rory from? The name sounds familiar, but I don't think I've read any of them.

message 23: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Hockman | 13 comments Christie wrote: "Which series is Rory from? The name sounds familiar, but I don't think I've read any of them."

A Portrait of Crime Mystery

message 24: by Anna Catharina (new)

Anna Catharina I'm James Qwilleran too :)

message 25: by Nell (new)

Nell I got Charlie Harris from the Cat in the Stacks series. even though I am not a cat person. I do love libraries. I read the first one in this series.

message 26: by Shelley (new)

Shelley (rivertam) | 24 comments I'm Charlie Harris.

message 27: by Christie (new)

Christie (christineocheallaigh) | 26 comments And I thought for sure I'd get Qwill, or at least Miss Marple (apparently whoever did the quiz didn't proofread, they called her MRS Marple, when she'd never been married :P). Never heard of the Cat in the Stacks series, or A Portrait of Crime. Guess I'll have to start looking for those. :D

message 28: by Sherry (new)

Sherry (sbutcher8) | 9 comments i got Amelia Peabody

message 29: by Terri (new)

Terri Crossley | 35 comments I got James Qwillerans from The Cat Who I have never read any of these books so I guess I will have to read some!

message 30: by Rose (new)

Rose Langley | 4 comments I got James Qwilleran from the Cat Who series.

message 31: by Christie (new)

Christie (christineocheallaigh) | 26 comments You definitely should read them, Terri, they are some of my favorites! There are 29 or 30 books in the series (29 published I think, she was working on the 30th when she died, and she knew she was dying apparently and decided to not have the last book published after all, even though they were in the process of doing so at the time). It sucks that she decided to not publish the last book, because of where she left things at the end of the one before. She may have thought she was leaving things on a good note but there was just too much cliffhanger there for me, and I was looking forward to seeing how or if it would get resolved in the next one, and now we'll never know. But don't let that stop you from reading them, because they are all terrific!

The first one in the series is The Cat Who Could Read Backwards, the second is The Cat Who Ate Danish Modern (this one introduces Yum Yum), and the third is The Cat Who Turned On and Off. The Cat Who Played Brahms, #5, introduces Qwill to Moose County, "400 miles north of everywhere", where his Aunt Fanny (really just his mother's best friend and not a real relation) has lived for many years. She's a rich old broad who loves the place and the people, and she leaves everything to Qwill in her will when she dies (which she does in this book). Qwill quickly finds out that he is now the richest man in Moose County and has to decide what to do with all this newfound wealth, which makes him uncomfortable because he's never had, needed or wanted a lot of money. He decides to establish the K Fund (short for Klingenshoen, Aunt Fanny's last name) and puts all the money into it to be used towards bettering the county. He gets a "small allowance" (they never say how much, but he sure never wants for anything) to live on, and the rest is the K Fund.

Qwill solves mysteries with the help of his cats, Koko and Yum Yum, two Siamese (both fixed) who do most of the work for him. Koko is the brains of the two cats, and sniffs out clues quicker than any bloodhound. He directs Yum Yum to steal certain small items that turn out to be crucial clues in each case, and Qwill is the human who puts all the information together and helps catch the bad guy. He does such a good job, Koko and Yum Yum have decided to keep him around for a while longer. :P