Bright Young Things discussion

Everyone Brave Is Forgiven
This topic is about Everyone Brave Is Forgiven
Hot books/small group reads > Everyone Brave is Forgiven by Chris Cleave

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer W (new)

Jennifer W | 1002 comments Mod
I've put in a request at the library for Everyone Brave is Forgiven. Would anyone else like to read it with me? It'll probably be a week or two before it gets in.

message 2: by Jennifer W (new)

My copy came in. Anyone want to join me?

Dawn (goodreadscomdawn_irena) Hello Jennifer ~ my book is in ! Yeah ! I am so sorry that I had to wait a bit to join you . I had spent my book money because I had to get a tooth capped ! Ugg ! Are you still reading or have you started ? Let me know !

I am excited to start this one . A bit of a character driven story in a complicated plot is something different. I really do love to follow good characters . They become people you learn from and live among . That is why I really love historical literature. The stories bring everything alive !

This book , by its introduction, reminded me a bit of Anthony Doerr's All the Light We Cannot See which right now sits at the top of my list with a few other books . That book was what I call a " life changer" . After I read Doerr's book I could not stop thinking about all of the brilliance inside of his words . I learned or really found so much inside of me that was brought to light just by reading the experiences of these incredible characters .

I hope this book will be similar , because I am on a quest for another like it !

Dawn

message 4: by Jennifer W (new)

I'm only into chapter 2, so join in!

Dawn (goodreadscomdawn_irena) Jennifer ~ great ! I am excited ! Does it seem good so far ? A gripper at the start or easing you in ? Oh ! Don't bother answering . I will have started and already know to talk with you !

Enjoy !

Dawn

message 6: by Jennifer W (new)

:) So far, I'm enjoying it.

I have to admit that I don't have high expectations, though. I was underwhelmed with All the Light. (I can see the similarities, too.) I read Little Bee by this author and wasn't that impressed there, either. I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised!