Save Our Cozies Readathon discussion

Readathon Hourly Challenges > Hour 3 Challenge

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Catherine (new)

Catherine In the spirit of the "Is this a kissing book?" quote, here is mine from The Long Quiche Goodbye by Avery Aames: "Call me crazy, but whenever I saw him, my knees went weak and I thought I could hear movie music swell and spurs jingle. He always wore blue jeans and work shirts rolled up at the sleeves, which showed off his powerful tan arms."

message 2: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen | 30 comments I'm reading BY Book or By Crook by Eva Gates. Page 19:" I plunged through the crowd. I like the occasional glass of wine, but tonight I was sticking to mineral water;"

message 3: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen | 30 comments I'm gong to head off to bed. See you in a few hours.

message 4: by Shelley (last edited Jul 15, 2016 11:15PM) (new)

Shelley (rivertam) | 24 comments As you wish! I would name the book but I didn't want to spoil it.

Shadows on the Ivy (Antique Print, #3) by Lea Wait Shadows on the Ivy

" No. It's not June. Don't let Simon know." Sarah looked at her strangely. "But I smell roses." from page 12.

This is said by the victim not the MC. The rose refrence really intrigued me.

message 5: by Terri (new)

Terri Crossley | 35 comments I am reading A Fright To The Death by Dawn Eastman
Page 200
Seth's breathing, my stomach , and then , as faint as possible but still audible, I heard what might have been footsteps outside the door.

message 6: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (getintothesun) | 8 comments "He wore his off-duty uniform, baggy shorts and a Fort Myers Beach tee shirt. This one read: 'Deputies Do It Safely.'"
From page 12 in Well Read, Then Dead by Terrie Farley Moran.

message 7: by Lin (new)

Lin  | 6 comments Vintage kitchens, vintage home, three legged dog, cranky cat. Victoria Hamilton -White Colander Crime.

message 8: by wonderwomand (new)

wonderwomand | 163 comments Ronnie wrote: "
via GIPHY

Brownie Points for those who get the reference!

Hour 3. Everything's going so quickly I've scarcely had time to read. Hour 3's challenge is all about teasing. Give a quote from the ..."

That movie was based on The Princess Bride by William Goldman?

message 9: by Jackie (new)

Jackie I do know the "As you wish" quote as I read that book earlier this year.

"And when I finally saw the face, I realized this wedding day was basically over." from my current book.
Death among the Roses a Melanie Hart Mystery (Melanie Hart Cozy Mysteries Book 1) by Anna Drake

message 10: by wonderwomand (new)

wonderwomand | 163 comments Quote from a current book:

"He's not starving.We're supposed to use ----"

message 11: by Anna Catharina (new)

Anna Catharina Quote from "By book or by crook" by Eva Gates (p. 169): "I hope you had a nice evening, despite how it ended."