Around the World in 80 Books discussion

Review Challenge > Review Challenge Rules

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Diane , Armchair Tour Guide (last edited Jul 15, 2016 01:22PM) (new)

Diane  | 12972 comments If you like to review books and read the reviews of others, this is the challenge for you! Earn points for each book you review.

Dates: August 1, 2016 - December 31, 2016

Scoring
Points: Each Group Read book will be awarded points in the following way:
- 1st Group Read book read and reviewed during featured month - 3 points
- 2nd Group Read book read and reviewed during featured month - 4 points
- 3rd Group Read book read and reviewed during featured month - 5 points
- 4th (or more) Group Read book read and reviewed during featured month - 6 points (Note: we don't always have a 4th book)
- Group read book read any time in 2016 and reviewed during challenge dates - 2 points
- Group read book read during a previous year, but reviewed during challenge dates - 1 point

Don't want to read the group books? No problem. You can still earn points.
- Any other book read in in 2016 and reviewed during challenge dates - 2 points
- Any book from any other time you have read and would like to review - 1 point

Reporting
You will tally and report your scores in the reporting thread. Do not start a new topic, please.

Book requirements:
Book can be of any length and of any genre, but either has to be a Group Read Book, past or present, or has to be set in or written by an author from the following world settings:
- Africa
- Asia
- Australia and Oceania
- Caribbean
- Europe
- Latin America (Mexico, Central & South America)
- Middle East
- North America (non-US: Canada, Greenland, Bermuda))
- United States

You may attribute a book with a vague setting to the region of the author's origin. So, for example, if it is a poetry book without a specified location, and you know the author is from say, Kenya, you can post it under the "Africa" heading.

Where to post
All Group Read book reviews must be entered in the Group Reads Discussions thread under the book's heading. You can find that thread here: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/group...

All non-Group read books will be reviewed here under the category where it best fits (If it fits equally more than one category, just pick one).

You may copy and paste reviews your personal threads or add a link to the
review itself.

Review quality
Reviews do not need to look professional or be excessively detailed. I, myself, am a miserable reviewer, and don't expect anything near perfection. Your reviews do, however, need to say more than just "I agree with the view above me". In order for your review to count, it needs to contain the following 3 elements:
- Your rating of the book
- The date you read the book
- at minimum, a brief description of your feelings about the book

Be careful not to include spoilers, please. If you feel you need to, enclose it in a "hide spoilers" link.

Only Post in The Provided Topics. Do Not Start a New Topic, Please

message 2: by Diane , Armchair Tour Guide (new)

Diane  | 12972 comments Reserved for Readerboard

message 3: by Cindy (last edited Sep 21, 2016 11:12AM) (new)

Cindy | 17 comments I'm sorry, but I'm confused. To get points for the Review Challenge, do we enter our review under the discussion thread for that book AND under the review challenge thread for that world setting?

message 4: by Diane , Armchair Tour Guide (new)

Diane  | 12972 comments Cindy wrote: "I'm sorry, but I'm confused. To get points for the Review Challenge, do we enter our review under the discussion thread for that book AND under the review challenge thread for that world setting?"

Discussion thread if it is a book of the month, under the world setting for any other book.

message 5: by Cindy (new)

Cindy | 17 comments Thanks, Diane!