Play Book Tag discussion

Archives 2016-2017 > Time to Vote for the August Tag

Comments Showing 1-50 of 52 (52 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Anita (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6671 comments Please vote for the tag you would most like to read for August at the following link:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/53CBHMZ

You may click on the answer choices in the survey to see a listing of books that fit each tag.

Remember, you may cast up to a total of 10 participation points for your choice. Everyone gets one vote for free so please vote even if you don't have any participation points!

You can see how many participation points you currently have in the spreadsheet below:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/...

Happy voting! Please cast your votes by 12 pm EST on 07/23.

Note: If no one choice receives more than 50% of the vote, people who chose the least popular choice will be asked to recast their votes for one of the remaining two options.

message 2: by Jen (new)

Jen | 1545 comments Ooh, this is a tough one for me. I like all of them but two especially. I need to browse

message 3: by Jenni Elyse (last edited Jul 15, 2016 01:53PM) (new)

Jenni Elyse (jenni_elyse) | 1413 comments Interesting choices. It was a hard decision, but I voted. :)

message 4: by LibraryCin (new)

LibraryCin | 8923 comments I know which one I'd prefer. I'd be ok with any, but I do have a preference. :-)

message 5: by Rachel N. (new)

Rachel N. | 1582 comments Voted. Unlike Jen I'm not overly excited by any of the choices so I picked the one that seemed most summery to me :-)

message 6: by Book Concierge (last edited Jul 15, 2016 01:57PM) (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 6277 comments Boy, talk about the lesser of three evils ....
Not because they are interesting in and of themselves, but I have nothing on my short-term horizon or F2F book club reads that will fit ANY of these.

message 7: by Susie (new)

Susie | 4488 comments Oooo! I have a clear favourite, but I'd be happy with two of these.

message 8: by Olivermagnus (new)

Olivermagnus (lynda214) | 2305 comments Voted - I've got something for them all.

message 9: by Susie (new)

Susie | 4488 comments Actually, all of them would be ok. Isn't Entertainment a funny tag! American Psycho is on the list, and I didn't find that exactly entertaining!!!

message 10: by Jenni Elyse (new)

Jenni Elyse (jenni_elyse) | 1413 comments How do we look at shelves again? *hangs head in shame*

message 11: by Susie (new)

Susie | 4488 comments It's a bit trickier from the app as not all genres are on the list. It's in the menu, then browse. If the one you want isn't there you can search genres on the web version.

message 12: by Susie (new)

Susie | 4488 comments Just go to browse, then explore.

message 13: by Susie (new)

Susie | 4488 comments Then click on More Genres on the far right, and if it's still not there you can search at the top.

message 14: by Cora (new)

Cora (corareading) | 1434 comments Jenni Elyse wrote: "How do we look at shelves again? *hangs head in shame*"

They are linked on the survey.

message 15: by Susie (new)

Susie | 4488 comments Ha! That would be easier! *also hangs head in shame*

message 16: by Jenni Elyse (new)

Jenni Elyse (jenni_elyse) | 1413 comments Cora wrote: "Jenni Elyse wrote: "How do we look at shelves again? *hangs head in shame*"

They are linked on the survey."

That's good to know, lol. I've already voted, though, so I can't click the links. Oh well.

message 17: by Jenni Elyse (new)

Jenni Elyse (jenni_elyse) | 1413 comments Susie wrote: "Then click on More Genres on the far right, and if it's still not there you can search at the top."

Thanks!

message 18: by Diane (new)

Diane Zwang | 485 comments Hi Anita, I have a question about my participation points. I did not vote in June but my points went down to 3? Am I reading the total wrong?

message 19: by Booknblues (new)

Booknblues | 6662 comments Interesting choices, I'm going to have to think about this.

message 20: by Tanya D (new)

Tanya D (tdrosebud) | 96 comments Voted!

message 21: by Anita (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6671 comments hi Diane! Let me double check on that. It is always possible I made a mistake. I am not at my computer tonight, but will check and confer with Nicole too (as she helped tally the survey responses).

message 22: by Anita (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6671 comments If you go to www.goodreads.com/shelf you will see a search box. Enter the tag in the box to get a list of books that fit.

message 23: by Nicole D. (new)

Nicole D. | 1496 comments Susie wrote: "Actually, all of them would be ok. Isn't Entertainment a funny tag! American Psycho is on the list, and I didn't find that exactly entertaining!!!"

OMG there were parts of that I found very entertaining!

message 24: by Booknblues (new)

Booknblues | 6662 comments voted

message 25: by Anita (last edited Jul 15, 2016 08:09PM) (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6671 comments Diane wrote: "Hi Anita, I have a question about my participation points. I did not vote in June but my points went down to 3? Am I reading the total wrong?"

Sorry, Diane - - that was some kind of egregious error - - and I'm not sure how it happened! You have 43 points. Somehow I left out the very important "4".

message 26: by AJ (new)

AJ Timberlake (ajtimberlake) | 830 comments Ok I really only want one of these to win. I've thrown everything I can at it. I have pretty much nothing on my TBR for the other two.

message 27: by Becky Lynn (new)

Becky Lynn I also only want one of the three to win. Threw as many points towards it as I could. *Fingers crossed*

message 28: by Denizen (new)

Denizen (den13) | 1138 comments I have far more books shelved as read than want to read for all 3 of the tags. I'm trying to decide which tag will provide the most interesting reviews which will be the one I vote for.

message 29: by Joi (new)

Joi (missjoious) | 3831 comments I'm fine with all 3. Voted for one I don't think will win.

message 30: by Barbara M (new)

Barbara M (barbara-m) | 2283 comments There was one category that had "Want to Read" more often and early on in the list so that's the route I went.

On a side note: I'm frustrated by the list of shelves because it seems that every edition (or at least multiple editions) of the same book crop up in the list of shelves. Look up a shelf and the same title appears over and over again - evidently because it is a different edition. Why in the world aren't they just combined. I find browsing through the list harder here than in Shelfari.

message 31: by Diane (new)

Diane Zwang | 485 comments Anita wrote: "Diane wrote: "Hi Anita, I have a question about my participation points. I did not vote in June but my points went down to 3? Am I reading the total wrong?"

Sorry, Diane - - that was some kind of ..."

Thanks Anita!

message 32: by Amy (new)

Amy | 9164 comments Voted... Really have no I idea about how the shelves relate or connect. When the choice is picked I will figure it out. I guess someone can eventually help me figure out how I connect my TBR list to the choice.... This has been truly fun though. I really like PBT, and I like the people too.

message 33: by Barbara M (last edited Jul 18, 2016 01:26PM) (new)

Barbara M (barbara-m) | 2283 comments Amy wrote: "Voted... Really have no I idea about how the shelves relate or connect. When the choice is picked I will figure it out. I guess someone can eventually help me figure out how I connect my TBR list t..."

Amy, if you read some of the thread above, you'll see how to get to the shelves and find the ones in our new month's list. Once there, it will list all the books in the category, those labeled most often come first in the list. On the right side of the list is the "Want to Read" or "Read" that you already have on your TBR. Other than that, you can see what books have those labels for you to choose from. Does that make any sense?

message 34: by Amy (new)

Amy | 9164 comments I'll try it!

message 35: by Linda C (new)

Linda C (libladynylindac) | 1141 comments voted

message 36: by Kristel (new)

Kristel (kristelh) | 699 comments voted, not particularly drawn to any of them but one is less than the other two; I thought about not voting this month.

message 37: by Megalion (new)

Megalion | 484 comments Hmm.... if "dark" wins, will be interesting to figure what consitutes dark to qualify a book.

I went for entertainment but either of the others are fine with me too.

message 38: by Michael (new)

Michael (mike999) | 569 comments Are these in the top ones we were using on Shelfari? There was a point where we had that great challenge of reading though all the tags, so one had to experience all of them, but I don't remember these. Have gotten spoiled the last few months with really broad tags with lots of book choices.

message 39: by Nicole R (new)

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7784 comments Michael, these are the Top 200 tags on GR and are not related to the top tags on Shelfari. We do take out the mandatory shelves of read, reading, to-read, and remove any near duplicate tags.

In addition, the tags can change, especially toward the bottom of the list, as more people may suddenly use a tag that surges onto the list.

message 40: by Michael (new)

Michael (mike999) | 569 comments Nicole wrote: "Michael, these are the Top 200 tags on GR and are not related to the top tags on Shelfari. .."

Thanks!
Was just such a head scratcher to imagine what I would have on my plate for "dark" and "entertainment".

message 41: by Amy (new)

Amy | 9164 comments Ok new friends have been amazing about dragging me through the 21st century... I did it! Barbara and Cindy both reached out to me and explained that (duh) technology can do really simple sensical things. I clicked on the three topics and out poured shelves with hundreds of books, and indeed there were one or two with a match to my TBR list. Except for dark. I shy away from dark. Though I have read a few. So I gave about 20 ideas for the first two, and 6 or 7 for dark, so I should be all set no matter which emerges. In other updates I am two reviews behind, pages away of finishing a second book, and will likely start and finish 84 Charing Cross this afternoon. So three reviews behind. I predict a 5, a 3, and a 4. We will see if I am correct. I also predict that by late August when I am on vacation, I will read six books and be bothering Meg and others about the lost Shelfari reviews. So we are on track! Happy day everyone. Blessings to all, Amy

message 42: by Nicole D. (new)

Nicole D. | 1496 comments hello darkness my old friend ... :)

I do occasionally tag books "dark". (or I did.... back at our beloved Shelfari)

message 43: by Marti (new)

Marti (coloreader) Erg! I don't really care for two of these, so I'm all about once choice.

message 44: by LibraryCin (new)

LibraryCin | 8923 comments Amy wrote: "Ok new friends have been amazing about dragging me through the 21st century... I did it! "

LOL! I'm glad you figured out a way!

message 45: by Sushicat (new)

Sushicat | 805 comments Three tags I don't use - and that have fewer tbr books on the first few pages than expected. None really exciting.... Voted.

message 46: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 834 comments Voted!

message 47: by Raine (new)

Raine (rainelu) | 250 comments I voted and I will admit that even though it is summer I would like August to be filled with dark reads!

message 48: by LibraryCin (new)

LibraryCin | 8923 comments Raine wrote: "I voted and I will admit that even though it is summer I would like August to be filled with dark reads!"

That's the one I'm hoping for, as well, Raine. Though I have stuff on my tbr that will fit them all.

message 49: by Barbara M (new)

Barbara M (barbara-m) | 2283 comments Sushicat wrote: "Three tags I don't use - and that have fewer tbr books on the first few pages than expected. None really exciting.... Voted."

Ditto Sushicat! I voted for the one that I had with the most TBRs.

message 50: by Fyre.Katz (new)

Fyre.Katz (fyrekatz) I Voted!

« previous 1