Dragons & Jetpacks discussion

The Three-Body Problem (Remembrance of Earth’s Past, #1)
This topic is about The Three-Body Problem
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive > The three body problem for free.

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brendan (new) - added it

Brendan O'neill | 204 comments I just received an email from Tor about a new book of the month club they are starting and they are giving the monthly book away for free, this month is The three body problem. You need to sign up on the website and you can grab the book in your preferred format. It says that it is only available in the US and Canada, I'm in Canada so I wasn't a problem for me but it was just a drop down menu so I don't know if they have a way to geo lock other other countries. Worth a shot for anyone looking to join for next months book.

message 2: by Marcos (new) - added it

Marcos Hallberg | 4 comments Thanks for the tip Brendan :)

I checked and signed up, the book will be available until this sunday (17.01).

Here a link for the TOR month club site:

http://www.tor.com/2016/07/11/one-fre...

On a side note: This has been on my read list for a while.... the premise sounds great .... but reviews seems mixed :p ...

message 3: by Ayman (new)

Ayman Teaman (aymanteaman) Yes, I got it from there too as well, thanks Brendan.

message 4: by Brendan (new) - added it

Brendan O'neill | 204 comments No problem. :)

message 5: by Sandy (new) - added it

Sandy | 1665 comments Does anyone know what format is available to be loaded onto an ipad and how I go about doing that from my computer? I have ibooks and kindle on the ipad. Was hoping I could get this to my kindle but seems no. Any help on this would be appreciated.

Melanie | 1309 comments If you have google drive, just upload it from your computer to the google drive and then you can read on the iPad.

Or

You can email PDFs files to your kindle account and read on any kindle device. You settings should have the kindle email address on it.

message 7: by Sandy (new) - added it

Sandy | 1665 comments is a pdf file the same as a epub file? because it has an epub extension on the download.

message 8: by Sandy (new) - added it

Sandy | 1665 comments apparently contrary to Wikipedia Kindle cannot read epub, it read mobi and I already got it in epub - does anyone know if you can get it in mobi once you have already downloaded epub?

message 9: by Ryan (last edited Jul 17, 2016 07:41AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ryan Your best option would probably be an epub reader for your iPad: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/marvi...

Otherwise you could find an ebook converter (Calibre is good) but I don't think there would be any compatible with your tablet. You would need to use a more functional computer (Windows, Linux or OS X).

message 10: by Sandy (new) - added it

Sandy | 1665 comments Is I books an epub reader already? or maybe nook? I still then have to get this to a google drive or can I use one of the apps to open the attachment in my email directly? Really appreciate you answering all my deficient end user (DEU) questions!

message 11: by Ryan (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ryan Yeah I believe iBooks can read epub. If the file is in your email you should be able to just open it and copy to iBooks.

message 12: by Sandy (new) - added it

Sandy | 1665 comments You were absolutely correct! I have learned something new today and now I can veg for the rest of the day... Thanks so much for helping me in this!

message 13: by Ryan (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ryan My work here is finished.

message 14: by Greg (new) - rated it 3 stars

Greg | 1138 comments Thanks Ryan, some of that info helped me too.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.