BookTube 2018! discussion

Archive > Seeking Co-Hosts/Members for YA Fantasy Book Club with Liveshow Discussions

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Vanessa (last edited Jul 13, 2016 06:54PM) (new)

Vanessa | 9 comments Hello everyone, I'm Vanessa, and I've been on booktube for a few months now. I really enjoy watching liveshow discussions of books on youtube, but I would really love to be a part of the discussion--as in a host--so I could discuss all of the things face to face (or face to screen, more accurately).

I'm looking to start a monthy (or every two months, we can see how it goes) book club with liveshow discussions! I read primarily YA Fantasy, and would like the book selections to be in that genre. Of course, we could branch out from time to time to YA sci-fi or contemporary :)

I would love for at least two other people to join me, because I think we'd need at least three people to keep the discussion going, but a larger number would of course be welcome!

I was also thinking that, if a large number of people end up being interested, we could always rotate liveshow hosts from time to time if people are busy. Additionally, if in the off chance that this little endeavor accumulates a following, I think it would be fun to invite viewers/other book club members to join in as a guest host from time to time.

And because it makes sense for the book club to have at least somewhat similar taste in books, some of my favorite authors are:

Cassandra Clare
Marissa Meyer
Richelle Mead
J.K. Rowling
Libba Bray
...to name just a few!

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this, and please let me know if you're interested!

Here's my youtube channel if you want to know more about me:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2vW...

All of the links to my social media are on my channel, if you want to contact me using any of those platforms :)

Again, I look forward to meeting some of you, I think this will be a lot of fun!

Have a wonderful day,

-Vanessa

message 2: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa Dawson (adladybug) | 14 comments I would love to join! I've also tried starting my own book club and it didn't work out so well. I may try and do something with it later on and try again but right now I'm good with where I'm at. I would love to join in and help co-host something along with someone else. This is a really cool idea!!! My channel is youtube.com/bookaddict if you want to check out more about my videos and such.

message 3: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa | 9 comments Alyssa wrote: "I would love to join! I've also tried starting my own book club and it didn't work out so well. I may try and do something with it later on and try again but right now I'm good with where I'm at. I..."

Yay! I'm so glad someone actually responded! Would you like to help me brainstorm a catchy name for the club, or shall we wait and see who else is interested?

message 4: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa Dawson (adladybug) | 14 comments I've never been good at names but we could try and at least come up with some ideas

message 5: by Michela (new)

Michela (bookishbranches) | 4 comments I would love to join as well, I think it would be fun to be a co-host! I mostly read fantasy so this would be right up my alley and it's such a cool idea!! My channel is https://www.youtube.com/c/bookishbran... if you want to check it out or anything!

message 6: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa | 9 comments Awesome! I actually saw one of your videos for the Biannual Bibliothon, it was so good! We're coming up with a name for the book club now, I'll add you to the message :)

message 7: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa | 9 comments Michela wrote: "I would love to join as well, I think it would be fun to be a co-host! I mostly read fantasy so this would be right up my alley and it's such a cool idea!! My channel is https://www.youtube.com/c/b..."

What do you think of the title Reading & Rambling for the book club?

message 8: by Michela (new)

Michela (bookishbranches) | 4 comments Vanessa wrote: "Michela wrote: "I would love to join as well, I think it would be fun to be a co-host! I mostly read fantasy so this would be right up my alley and it's such a cool idea!! My channel is https://www..."

Ooh I like it!

message 9: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa | 9 comments We've created a goodreads group for this! If anyone is interested, please join, more hosts are always welcome :)

https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/...

message 10: by Victoria (new)

Victoria | 54 comments Hey, This sounds like a cool idea.
i'd love to be a host if there are still open spots

message 11: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Sepúlveda | 8 comments I'd like to join, I'm from Colombia :D

message 12: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa | 9 comments Victoria wrote: "Hey, This sounds like a cool idea.
i'd love to be a host if there are still open spots"

Awesome!

message 13: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa | 9 comments Daniel wrote: "I'd like to join, I'm from Colombia :D"

Great! The more the merrier :)