Audiobooks discussion

Technical stuff > SUV keeps switching from BT Audio to radio mode!

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carole (new)

Carole Help! I'm an audiobook addict. I listen to books everywhere I go. The only problem I've ever experienced is occasionally losing my connection and I've simply paired my phone again and resolved the issue right away.

This issue is so weird. I turn on my audiobook using BT Audio mode. It starts playing my book and I can hear it, but in less than a minute, it switches mode to radio. This happens every single time now. I'll give as much detail as I can to see if someone can help me.

I drive a 2012 Toyota 4Runner. My son paired his phone to listen to his music so I lost my connection, which has happened before. We were driving long distance and I can't pair my phone while driving. My son told me I don't have to pair my phone again. All I have to do is push the mode button on the steering wheel. I pushed the mode button and my book started playing, but then it switched to radio mode. I have no idea why this is happening, but every single time I put the system in blue tooth audio mode and start listening to my book, it will play for about 30 seconds and then switch mode on its own to radio mode. I've tried pairing my phone again, I've tried soft rebooting my phone. It seems like it's a problem with the system in my SUV, but I have no clue what to do!

Please help! Does anyone have any suggestions?

message 2: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 2212 comments Sorry, I don't have answers and haven't experienced this, but sometimes I find forums for my vehicle and my phone to see if others are having the same issue. Good luck!

message 3: by Carole (new)

Carole Kristie wrote: "Sorry, I don't have answers and haven't experienced this, but sometimes I find forums for my vehicle and my phone to see if others are having the same issue. Good luck!"

I'll try that, Kristie. Thanks!

message 4: by Carole (new)

Carole John wrote: "Does this happen if your son's phone is connected by BT? If you move your phone out of range does your SUV switch back to radio mode? Have you tried placing your phone in a different spot in your SUV?"

It happened when his phone was connected by BT and continues to happen when he's not there. Ill try putting my phone out of range and see if it still switches back to radio mode,

message 5: by Carole (new)

Carole John wrote: "Does this happen if your son's phone is connected by BT? If you move your phone out of range does your SUV switch back to radio mode? Have you tried placing your phone in a different spot in your SUV?"

Thanks, John!!! Your questions really helped me rethink things. I turned off Bluetooth for both phones, forgot both connections, and started from scratch. I'm back in business! Thank you! I can feed my audiobook addiction once again.