Addicted to YA discussion

Recommendations > Characters like Rhys

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shay (last edited Jul 12, 2016 02:01PM) (new)

Shay (shaylyn318) | 31 comments So I am coming off a book high and cannot stop obsessing over Rhysand from A Court of Mist and Fury

This book, that character was just so amazing. I loved him. Sexy, passionate, protective, powerful. These quotes gave me chills. An alpha male that lets his love be herself, be strong and make her own decisions.

“I will kill anyone who harms you," Rhys snarled. "I will kill them, and take a damn long time doing it.' He panted. "Go ahead and hate me-- despise me for it.”

“I heard every word between you. I knew you could take care of yourself, and yet … ” He went back to his pie, swallowing a bite before continuing. “And yet I found myself deciding that if you took his hand, I would find a way to live with it. It would be your choice.”
I sipped from my wine. “And if he had grabbed me?”
There was nothing but uncompromising will in his eyes. “Then I would have torn apart the world to get you back.”

Are there any other books characters as amazing as him?(In my raving about him I forgot to ask this question)

message 2: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 7 comments littery my favorite series and I have read a ton of books. as soon as I finished the second I reread the first. Rhysand is my new favorite character of all time

message 3: by Sophia (new)

Sophia (sophxred) So obsessed! I just love him. I've also read tons of books and I have several favorite characters but Rhys tops all! He's right up there with Will Herondale actually haha
But yeah I'd be interested in reading something else with a character like him *swoon*

message 5: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 254 comments If you haven't already I'd give the Vampire Diaries TV show a shot. Rhys is pretty similar to Damon Salvatore. You could read the books too but personally I don't think they're as good.

message 6: by Sophia (new)

Sophia (sophxred) ^ I second that!! I recently rewatched TVD and Damon is very similar to Rhysand.

The Mad Hatter ~I'd rather have my kingdom fall than lose you to hatred's call~ (darkhatter) | 38 comments Omg! Yesssssss!!! I am team damon!!!! Stephen can jump off a cliff. I want damon!!!! Lolz

message 8: by Shay (new)

Shay (shaylyn318) | 31 comments I am going to have to give Vampire Diaries another try then.

message 9: by Ashleigh (new)

Ashleigh (booksbyash) | 201 comments yeah damon is pretty similar to rhys in so many ways