2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Black Friday (Maggie O'Dell, #7)
This topic is about Black Friday
Black Friday > Question M

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7660 comments Mod
This is a discussion about Maggie.

How has the character developed since the first book? Has she made progress in her relationships? Has she come to terms with her feelings for Nick? Has she learned anything?

Robin (robinmy) | 1214 comments I think she has come to terms with some of her past. She has seen her mother go downhill with alcohol and has decided she doesn't want to do the same thing.

Her relationships don't see to get anywhere. She is at least trying to make a relationship with Patrick.

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 1391 comments I would like to see her working relationship with Tully back in a good book.

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7660 comments Mod
Maggie's lack of personal and professional progress is the major source of my frustration with this series. We seem to see her musing over the same issues from book to book, even though more than four years have elapsed to date.

I thought we'd seen the last of Nick, at least Maggie having closed the door on any relationship with him. But, here we are having her examining her feelings for him again.

Professionally, we rarely get to see her in a position to do serious profiling. Either the author doesn't know enough about the process or Maggie doesn't. Whichever, it's not working. And, Cunningham was her mentor. I would have expected her to be a bit more emotional about his demise. But, she just moved on with some occasional thoughts about him.

This is book #7 and I don't have high hopes for #8.