2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Black Friday (Maggie O'Dell, #7)
This topic is about Black Friday
Black Friday > Question C

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7660 comments Mod
Rebecca's instincts were serving her well until Dixon texts her not to trust Patrick. Why would Dixon suspect Patrick at all?

Phrynne | 605 comments Another thing I did not understand. There were a lot of loose ends like this throughout the book.

This made no sense, including Rebecca believing him. It was a major plot failure, developed solely to facilitate her getting into danger.

Robin (robinmy) | 1214 comments I also wondered why Dixon told Rebecca not to trust Patrick. It was never explained.

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 1391 comments I agree; there were so many loose ends that didn't make sense at the time, nor were they resolved. This was a very frustrating book to read.

Phrynne | 605 comments That particular one about not trusting Patrick was a stand out though. No sense, no logic and no eventual explanation.

I think, when asked, Dixon said, "I don't know." Even more inexplicable was Rebecca deciding to follow this dumb instruction even after he saved her life.

Great plotting.

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 1391 comments ...so it wasn't after someone else got hold of Dixon's phone and texted her....?