UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

Agony Aunt > Kindle a/cs in Multiple Amazon Sites?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melvyn (new)

Melvyn | 3 comments I have an Amazon.com account and an Amazon.co.uk account.
I'm Prime on both.
I also have a Paperwhite and multiple iOS devices that I use to read Kindle content.
As we all know there are often separate deals on different Amazon sites in addition to the monthly Kindle First offers which are separate for every Amazon site too.
Currently both of my Amazon accounts share the same login credentials and my devices are all managed under my .com account but I'm trying to find out if I can have Kindle devices on BOTH accounts (perhaps a Cloud Reader app registered to my .co.uk account?).
Have any of you done this successfully? If so, please tell me what I need to know in order to get setup similarly.

(I tried to post this yesterday but it doesn't appear when I look at the group. If it's there twice I apologize and will clean it up.)

message 2: by Anita (new)

Anita | 3758 comments Hi Melvyn, I would have thought you could have your kindles on both accounts with the new family sharing but I don't know, one of the IT people in the group will soon be along to answer your question for you.
Hope it works out for you as you wish.

message 3: by Tim (new)

Tim | 9478 comments Amazon doesn't allow me to buy ebooks on my .com account - it always directs me to the UK store. (part of the territorial rights management). Only way I think I could achieve that kind of thing is to use a VPN and spoof it into thinking I was in the US. But that comes under the category of "Too Much Hassle".

Geoff (G. Robbins) (merda constat variat altitudo) (snibborg) | 9052 comments The other problem, Tim, is as you can't use a VPN on the Kindle itself, would it allow you to download the books you've purchased to a Kindle on a UK IP address?

message 5: by Tim (new)

Tim | 9478 comments Probably not - that's the other half of territorial rights management. You might be able to with the kindle app in an iPad or Android though . . . maybe?

Geoff (G. Robbins) (merda constat variat altitudo) (snibborg) | 9052 comments Tim wrote: "Probably not - that's the other half of territorial rights management. You might be able to with the kindle app in an iPad or Android though . . . maybe?"

Yes, better chance. Open VPN is available for both.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments I moved your first post to agony aunt. I shall move this one, too.